Once you’ve decided on your wedding ceremony playlists, it makes sense to think about the next stage of your day.
You can set the mood no matter what style of wedding breakfast you’re planning with one of these wedding breakfast playlists, handpicked by expert musicians. Most couples opt to keep it simple and low-key – as your guests will want to be able to talk to each other.
We’ve rounded up playlists to suit all styles of meal and asked experts for their top picks – why not pick your favourite from our Spotify account and use it on your big day?
A Subtle and Sophisticated Wedding Breakfast Playlist
We asked the team at You & Your Wedding for their top picks for a subtle and sophisticated wedding breakfast playlist. We went for the theme of ‘old meets new’ – jazz and lounge covers of classic pop and rock songs. It gives them a sophisticated edge and will get your guests talking about where they recognise your backing track from...
1. Crazy – Dinah Eastwood
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit – The Bad Plus
3. All About That Bass – Kate Davis
4. This is Not a Love Song – Nouvelle Vague
5. Rolling in the Deep – Urban Love ft. Monique
6. Wonderwall – The Cooltrane Quartet
7. For What It’s Worth – Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66
8. Toxic – Sugarpie and the Candymen
9. Material Girl – Cassandra Beck
10. Sexual Healing – The Hot 8 Brass Band
11. Space Cowboy – Eve St. Jones
A Wedding Breakfast Playlist for Harp Music
If you’re planning on hiring a harpist to play during your wedding breakfast, make sure you have the perfect playlist ready for them. We asked Holly, AKA The London Harpist, to share here perfect playlist with us. Seeing as she’s performed for the Queen, the Prince of Wales and with Florence + the Machine, she definitely knows her stuff…
1. Le Onde – Ludovico Einaudi
2. Clair de Lune – Claude Debussy
3. Air on the G String – Johann Sebastian Bach
4. Für Elise – Ludwig van Beethoven
5. The Flower Duet from Lakmé – Léo Delibes
6. La Source – Alphonse Hasselmans
7. O Mio Babbino Caro – Giacomo Puccini
8. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – Johann Sebastian Bach
9. Largo, Lute Concerto in D Major – Antonio Vivaldi
Ibiza-Inspired Wedding Breakfast Playlist
If you want to feel like a DJ is playing at your wedding breakfast, we’ve got you covered. DJ and founder of Matt Maurice Event Music shares his top cool and laidback tracks for that summer party vibe.
1. It’s Got to Be Music – Juan Laya and Jorge Montiel feat. Andre Espeut
2. Dream – Autograf
3. La Mer – Lemongrass
4. Benediction – Hot Natured
5. Café de Flore (Charles Webster’s Latin Lovers Mix) – Doctor Rockit
6. La Ritournelle (Mr Dan’s Magic Wand Mix) – Sebastien Tellier
7. Grease – Flo Morrissey and Matthew E White
8. La Vie En Rose – Grace Jones
9. Wish I Didn’t Miss You (Original Mix) – Angie Stone
10. Seven Days in Sunny June – Jamiroquai
Wedding Breakfast Playlist for a Guitar
If you want an upbeat and romantic wedding breakfast playlist, consider hiring a guitarist. We asked guitarist Peter for his top Spanish and flamenco guitar picks for a dreamy Mediterranean mood.
1. How Insensitive – Antonio Carlos John
2. Se Ela Perguntar (If She Asks) – Dilermando Reis
3. The Girl from Ipanema – Antônio Carlos Jobim
4. Mas Que Nada – Jorge Ben Jor
5. Julia Florida – Agustin Barrios Mangoré
6. Besame Mucho – Consuelo Velaquez
7. Una Limosna Por El Amor De Dios – Agustin Barrios Mangoré
8. Danza Brasilera – Jorge Morel
9. Sons De Carrilhões (Sounds of Bells) – Joāo Pernambuco
10. Natalia – Antonio Lauro
Piano Wedding Breakfast Playlist
Pianist Oak the Piano has worked with the likes of Tinie Tempah, Leona Lewis and Boy George. We asked him for his top picks for a contemporary piano playlist.
1. Someone Like You – Adele
2. All of Me – John Legend
3. With or Without You – U2
4. I Giorni – Ludovico Einaudi
5. If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
6. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
7. Theme Song from Game of Thrones – Ramin Djawadi
8. Run – Leona Lewis
9. Purple Rain – Prince
10. Angels – Robbie Williams
Looking for more music inspiration? We've got 100 first dance songs for every kind of couple. And as well as the music, don't forget the entertainment side of things - we have 19 unusual wedding entertainment ideas we know you'll love!