Your planning threads

What Am I Doing?!

161 to 180 of 190 posts

Bridezilla

Thank you  cs2thecox & Jessica Rabbit ! I appreciate they're quite different photos so it's hard to compare really, and being such different styles it really doesn't help, as I think they're both beautiful in their own ways .

I really am grateful for both of your feedback <3 

I did toy with the idea of two dresses, but when I think about it I feel sad that I wouldn't get to wear the second one for that moment when M sees me for the first time, and I guess that kind of gives me my answer. 

By softer veil do you mean a more flowy tulle and something just a bit lighter? I do like the idea of my veil being a little unusual, but i think I'll be avoiding lace details so I think anything like that will be a little unusual in comparison. 

The one thing that really put me off the slim fitted dress was the fact on the lead up to and on the day I would really have to watch what I eat, and dancing might be a little harder, wheras in the new dress I don't have to worry about any of that which feels quite freeing x

Also I've sorted the rest of the photos so have a little laugh  

Wedding addict

(The first set of photos work for me too now. Love seeing other people trying stuff on!)

I just meant a softer tulle veil. You don't want anything to distract from that gorgeous skirt!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/mrs-lytton-2019/485995.html

Bridezilla

I love the second dress! I've gone A line, I don't have the figure for slim dresses anyway, but I tried a couple on and I just didn't feel like a bride in them!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

I LOVE the second one!!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/newcastle-wedding-november-2018/454464.html

Bridezilla

Thank you everyone  My sister sent me over some more photos and here is my favourite, because you really can see on my face how excited i am.

(photo of dress itself removed now)

Now i just have to contain the excitement for 18 months! 

Everything else is at a standstill now. I'm waiting for half term so i can get M to go through his side of the guest list so i can work out how many Save the Dates to make, but other than that the focus is switching to a DIY Christmas and our first proper one in our own home. 

Last year when we bought our first home together we got the keys on the 20th, so Christmas was spent on a mattress on the floor with no heating, we had a camping table and 2 camping chairs in the lounge and boxing day we got up early to paint the lounge before heading to his parents. Its funny, we had put everything into getting our house so it took a little while before we could get nice furniture, but i wouldn't change it for the world <3 

Bridezilla

I actually really love your first dress on you but it’s so clear in the way you’re standing and looking in both that you feel so much better in the second dress which is equally as beautiful! I’ve also gone for A line with a tulle skirt and they just feel so gorgeous swishing around!! I love the topper you tried on, maybe you’ll be able to pick a bargain up somewhere along the line! 

Bridezilla

The original dress was lovely, but your new one is absolutely jaw-dropping and you look SO happy in it, it really suits you and shows off your figure. 100% right decision :). I absolutely adore the skirt and that texture, it's really beautiful!

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

Bridezilla

Cecilia13 wrote (see post):

The original dress was lovely, but your new one is absolutely jaw-dropping and you look SO happy in it, it really suits you and shows off your figure. 100% right decision :). I absolutely adore the skirt and that texture, it's really beautiful!

Oh thank you so much! <3 That's really so sweet. I think i need to work on accepting ill be "the centre of attention" but at least this dress gives me the confidence to feel like i can actually own it. 

Bridezilla

CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):
Cecilia13 wrote (see post):

Oh thank you so much! <3 That's really so sweet. I think i need to work on accepting ill be "the centre of attention" but at least this dress gives me the confidence to feel like i can actually own it. 

It definitely should because it looks amazing. Plus I'm sure you'll be so happy that you won't notice!

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

Bridezilla

MrsA-NToBe wrote (see post):

I’m a bit late to this but the second dress is gorgeous (so’s the first one) but your whole self seems happier in the second one and it makes your waist look tiny! 

Aw thank you that's really kind! I do keep thinking "oh god its such a princess dress" but i cant deny i loved how i felt in it, and i do think it makes me look good. 

The further through this process i go the more i find my ideas totally changing. Originally i wanted everything to be unconventional, quirky and very un-wedding. I wanted a coloured wedding dress, no traditions, no bridal party, no fuss. I don't know if its M rubbing off on me, but here i am with an ivory princess dress and everything i said i wasn't going to have. 

We're still making it totally "us" and it has lots of cute touches, its just funny that as i go i'm realising it isn't such a bad thing to go down the more conventional route. it doesn't make me boring or a sell out, it's just actually what i want. 

Wedding addict

I'm just the same - what I thought I wanted turns out not to be the things that have made my heart sing as we've planned this. I'm totally just rolling with what feels good.

Also, the "traditional" things have stayed around and become traditional because they work and people like them. I don't see any problem with taking advantage of what is basically years and years and YEARS of experience of hundreds of thousands of other brides...

(I'm still surprised I have a big dress and a castle though. Who knew?!)

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/mrs-lytton-2019/485995.html

Bridezilla

cs2thecox wrote (see post):

I'm just the same - what I thought I wanted turns out not to be the things that have made my heart sing as we've planned this. I'm totally just rolling with what feels good.

Also, the "traditional" things have stayed around and become traditional because they work and people like them. I don't see any problem with taking advantage of what is basically years and years and YEARS of experience of hundreds of thousands of other brides...

(I'm still surprised I have a big dress and a castle though. Who knew?!)

That's a very good point!! I have never looked at it that way before. I definitely feel better in my more mainstream decisions, at least it means it should go (mostly) to plan. 

Wedding addict

That is the other upside of being "normal" I guess - all the suppliers know what to do!

Makes me feel more confident in my choices too...

Bridezilla

I'd try not to worry about whether something is traditional, or what you thought you'd like, or not, and just concentrate on what you like and what makes you happy! Some of my day is more casual and less traditional (curry, jazz, walking myself down the aisle, tipis, accordion at drinks reception) but my main wedding dress turned out to be super traditional, ballgown with sleeves and cathedral length veil, which I totally didn't expect, and fell in completely in love with. You never know :) and it's quite fun to discover.

Cecilia x

Wedding addict

CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):
MrsA-NToBe wrote (see post):

I’m a bit late to this but the second dress is gorgeous (so’s the first one) but your whole self seems happier in the second one and it makes your waist look tiny! 

Aw thank you that's really kind! I do keep thinking "oh god its such a princess dress" but i cant deny i loved how i felt in it, and i do think it makes me look good. 

The further through this process i go the more i find my ideas totally changing. Originally i wanted everything to be unconventional, quirky and very un-wedding. I wanted a coloured wedding dress, no traditions, no bridal party, no fuss. I don't know if its M rubbing off on me, but here i am with an ivory princess dress and everything i said i wasn't going to have. 

We're still making it totally "us" and it has lots of cute touches, its just funny that as i go i'm realising it isn't such a bad thing to go down the more conventional route. it doesn't make me boring or a sell out, it's just actually what i want. 

I think that’s part of it, the adapting! I’m very much of the mindset that if something feels right, then I’m going with it, even if it wasn’t necessarily how i thought it would be originally! I really am a ‘go with your gut’ type of person and am very aware that the dress that I think I want, may not be the one that I walk out of the shop with! 

As long as you’re happy with your decision... that’s all that matters!