Your planning threads

October 2018 - An Unconventional London Wedding

341 to 360 of 360 posts

Bridezilla

Yes I wear my ring around the house - I think I mentioned it on my own planning thread a few weeks ago!

Your rings are just stunning.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):
MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Yes I wear my ring around the house - I think I mentioned it on my own planning thread a few weeks ago!

Your rings are just stunning.

Glad I'm not the only one! I just had a look at your thread and I love your bridal set, your rings are so elegant.

Thanks, they are pretty run of the mill but I like them!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Last night I tested out more wedding favours. H2B feels Negroni favours may be too controversial as the taste is very bitter. He took one taste and was like BLEURGH. Oh dear.

However we both liked the baileys espresso martinis, and we feel they'll be more of a crowd pleaser. I am deeply extra though and dislike the brown colour, so I'm going to buy a few different food colourings and experiment with making the liquid a more fun colour. Currently thinking pink or turquoise.

Bridezilla

They are so cool! I wouldn’t have even thought you could colour Baileys without it going a muddy colour! Can I come to your wedding please? Everything just sounds so fun and different! 

Bridezilla

Confetti:

This is something that I've been dedicating way too much time on, considering I know how little our guests will care about it.

I didn't want petal confetti as the colours just weren't vibrant enough for what I wanted. I wanted proper rainbow confetti which would really show up in the confetti shots. Kind of like this one:

Except biodegradable bright tissue paper confetti is actually really expensive! Petal confetti is also expensive in fairness but at least they were flowers originally, so I kind of expected to pay more for petals.

Part of the issue was that the tissue paper confetti was only sold in small packs of like 2000 pieces rather than in litres like petal confetti.

After refusing to pay around £80 for confetti for around 60-70 people I finally stumbled on a UK based etsy seller that does biodegradable butterfly tissue confetti in rainbow. It's very cute:

We managed to get 80 handfuls for £40, half the price I was looking at elsewhere. I know my guests will honestly not give the smallest f**k about what they throw, but I'm really pleased. I'm hoping for some good pictures!

Bridezilla

Progress!

So I finally got in touch with the lady that is doing my bouquet and bridesmaid/groomsmen flowers to talk about what I want. She works at my h2b's family business and is a firm friend of the family and before she joined there, she used to be a florist!

I've found flowers difficult as I genuinely don't care about what specific flowers are used, I'm more interested in a general feel and style. I was worried that I would come across and vague and a pain, so I've been putting off the conversation.

However, with three and a half months to go, I really needed to get started!

Luckily she understood completely where I was coming from and she was 100% on board with my approach. She told me that she actually prefers this way of working as it means that she can pick the best possible flowers at the market in the right colour and style, rather than being wedded to a specific type of bloom. She did this for her own wedding, so I'm confident that she'll pull it off as her flowers were beautiful.

We've decided on a bright, colourful bouquet, with herbs and trailing foliage. Something along this sort of lines:

The best thing though is the price! She quoted us £200 for:

1 x bridal bouquet

1 x bridesmaids bouquet

10 x buttonholes

1 x corsage

She's doing the whole thing at cost price, and also wants to give us £100 towards the cost as a wedding present, meaning all of that will cost £100. I am gobsmacked and so very touched at the gesture.

Bridezilla

Beautiful flowers and such a good price!

The confetti will look amazing, like hundreds of bright butterflies are fluttering around you.

Bridezilla

More Progress!

So it's now 3.5 months until the big day and I've been freaked out into action. We've started collecting quotes for vintage routemasters and so far we have five ranging from £495-£650 for two journeys, so it's definitely worth getting a number of quotes. Very excited to book the bus. I feel like you can't have a wedding in London without having a cheesy red routemaster at some point.

We've also been working on our ceremony. Our entrance and exit songs are sorted. I'm walking in to Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac and we're walking out to Praise You by Fatboy Slim. The only songs we now need to figure out are guest arrival music and register signing songs.

We've also finalised our reading. A's brother is an actor, so of course we're going to utilise someone with that sort of talent! We were debating having two readings, but the one we definitely want to use is so perfect and quite long, and we don't want to bore anyone.

We're doing a Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton which goes:

The fierce Dinosaur was trapped inside his cage of ice. Although it was cold he was happy in there. It was, after all, his cage.

Then along came the Lovely Other Dinosaur. The Lovely Other Dinosaur melted the Dinosaur’s cage with kind words and loving thoughts.

I like this Dinosaur thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

Although he is fierce he is also tender and he is funny. He is also quite clever though I will not tell him this for now.

I like this Lovely Other Dinosaur, thought the Dinosaur. She is beautiful and she is different and she smells so nice. She is also a free spirit which is a quality I much admire in a dinosaur.

But he can be so distant and so peculiar at times, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

He is also overly fond of things.

Are all Dinosaurs so overly fond of things?

But her mind skips from here to there so quickly, thought the Dinosaur. She is also uncommonly keen on shopping.

Are all Lovely Other Dinosaurs so uncommonly keen on shopping?

I will forgive

Bridezilla

arrghhh it cut off...

I will forgive his peculiarity and his concern for things, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur. For they are part of what makes him a richly charactered individual.

I will forgive her skipping mind and her fondness for shopping, thought the Dinosaur. For she fills our life with beautiful thoughts and wonderful surprises. Besides, I am not unkeen on shopping either.

Now the Dinosaur and the Lovely Other Dinosaur are old.

Look at them.

Together they stand on the hill telling each other stories and feeling the warmth of the sun on their backs.

And that, my friends, is how it is with love.

Let us all be Dinosaurs and Lovely Other Dinosaurs together.

For the sun is warm. And the world is a beautiful place.

Bridezilla

A florist I follow on Instagram just did a wedding at your venue, and it looked incredible!