Your planning threads

New Forest Barn Wedding - May 2018

141 to 160 of 218 posts

Bridezilla

Me again! 

Ive ordered 3 maternity dresses for my friend to try when she comes down at the end of the month. I had to get them now because two were in the sale and selling fast. They are all chi chi London. The navy one is lighter on the ASOS website compared to this pic taken from their own website, so hopefully it won’t be so dark in real life. Hopefully one of these will look good and go with the other bridesmaid colour! 

These two are very similar, one they describe as pale blue and the other lilac. 

Despite saying I was going to use the dress for my niece that she had for my sisters wedding, I am tempted to order this from House of Fraser, it’s so sweet! 

It’s H2B birthday tomorrow and we are also giving notice. Hopefully that will be ok, I have no idea what they will ask us! 

We are trying to get organised now. The venue sent us a long document asking questions about every aspect of our day and it’s made us realise we still have so much to decide on. The form has to be returned in 4 weeks time. We have asked for a meeting as we have so many questions about things! 

Bridezilla

Gorgeous dresses! I love the dress for your niece, so pretty!

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

mrsdivine wrote (see post):

Really pretty choice of dresses. I find it reassuring that you are still sorting out bridesmaid dresses, I am still waiting for my sister to choose a dress, it's holding me up now as I can't finish the flower girl dresses and pageboy outfit until she chooses, I am trying really hard to be relaxed about it with under ten weeks to go.

I didn’t want to be too keen with the bridesmaids and I’m so glad I didn’t get them months ago as my friend would have needed another one now! It’s weird isn’t it because 10 weeks seems like ages but when you’ve counted down from months and months you know it’s nothing! Sometimes I look at an email from someone and think “I must reply to that” and then I realise it’s been a couple of weeks but in my head it’s only 2 days old! 

Thanks MrsT, it’s so cute isn’t it! Not long for you now 😄

Bridezilla

13 days. I'm not sure how that happened! I remember it being nearly 700 days! 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

We booked our venue on 1st May 2016. The wedding felt like a billion years away then. Lol.

Bridezilla

Yesterday we gave notice. I didnt know my Dad’s job title and H2B didn’t know his Dad’s middle name. The lady said it was fine and we can add it at the interview before the statutory ceremony. H2B kept joking that he was going to tell them he didn’t even know me, not funny. Everything is starting to feel close and much more real now. 

We also got our wedding rings yesterday. Can’t wait to wear it now. I am refraining from looking at the every 5 minutes! Mine was in the sale and we got a further 10% off both of them as my engagement ring came from the same place. 

Mine has diamonds on the front and crosses over at the front, the engagement ring fits perfectly at the top. 

We also went through our budget at the weekend and I’m pleased we are still on track! We haven’t gone crazy with buying “bits” and I’ve been getting some stuff as the months go on, so it’s really just the main things to pay for. 

Bridezilla

Love the wedding rings!!! We have gone £22 over budget. Annoyed and pleased with myself at the same time. 

Bridezilla

FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

Love the wedding rings!!! We have gone £22 over budget. Annoyed and pleased with myself at the same time. 

Thank you! £22 that’s amazing, I know I will spend on some things next month but I have tried to be sensible and not buy lots of stuff I didn’t need early on. All I kept saying to myself was that people on here had said to wait as I may change my mind over themes etc. I’m amazed at how much ive followed that thought! 

Bridezilla

I’m on my way home from Oxford on a coach so thought I would do an update! I got my wedding lipstick and earrings today, will post photos later. 

For my sisters wedding my mum got these silky dressing gowns, blue for my sister and purple for me from eBay. They were only £7ish each and from the pics I thought they would be pretty tacky but I actually loved them. I decided we might as well use them again, so I’ve got 2 extra blue ones for my other two bridesmaids. 

I also got some dotty sweet bags for the table, a mixture of purple and navy. We are going to get sweets in a couple of weekends time. My SIL is lending us her jars and has offered to do labels for them, she’s really good at calligraphy. 

I love sweeties, so I’m hoping there will be leftovers after the wedding. My stomach is not haha! 

Bridezilla

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

I’m on my way home from Oxford on a coach so thought I would do an update! I got my wedding lipstick and earrings today, will post photos later. 

For my sisters wedding my mum got these silky dressing gowns, blue for my sister and purple for me from eBay. They were only £7ish each and from the pics I thought they would be pretty tacky but I actually loved them. I decided we might as well use them again, so I’ve got 2 extra blue ones for my other two bridesmaids. 

I also got some dotty sweet bags for the table, a mixture of purple and navy. We are going to get sweets in a couple of weekends time. My SIL is lending us her jars and has offered to do labels for them, she’s really good at calligraphy. 

I love sweeties, so I’m hoping there will be leftovers after the wedding. My stomach is not haha! 

Oh my goodness how bizarre - I was just going to put a post on asking if anyone had ordered the kimono style gowns from eBay !!!

I've ordered a white one from Hong Kong to see what it's like before I order for my BMs

Are they ok?

I've ordered the shorter one and it cost £6 - bargain! Hope it looks ok - I was going to order some I fell in love with but they are £20+ each and thought they will only get worn once so was there any point spending that much extra money xxx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

Ruthie - the ones my Mum got were reasonably good quality and not thin, i like them! Hope yours are nice when you get them! 

In Oxford we went to Charlotte tilbury as I wore ”Bond Girl” matte lipstick for my sisters wedding and loved the texture and how long it lasted. I wanted to try pillow talk, but didn’t want to order without trying as some people said it was quite beige on them. We dont have CT near my house so it was nice I happened to be in Oxford and found one! I know it’s a mmassively popular shade, I would say it’s one shade up on my natural lip colour. I tried it with the lip liner, which I already have and the assistant put hall of fame lip gloss over the top, which is a barely there gloss, I loved the combo. The gloss wasn’t at all sticky, it felt really comfortable. 

This is the photo from the website of Just the lipstick. 

My Mum and step Dad also kindly got me these gorgeous earrings from John Lewis. 

Glad to get some more bits, we’ve got less than 8 weeks to go now! 

Bridezilla

Loving the planning so far, love the lipstick colour..noticeable but not in your face. I don’t wear any lipstick so not sure what il do on th day.

do you mind me asking how much thebearings were ? I’m on the look out for drop earings and pref a matching necklace x

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/a-wedding-to-plan-at-last--2019/441280.html

Bridezilla

August19 wrote (see post):

Loving the planning so far, love the lipstick colour..noticeable but not in your face. I don’t wear any lipstick so not sure what il do on th day.

do you mind me asking how much thebearings were ? I’m on the look out for drop earings and pref a matching necklace x

Thank you. I don’t wear much lipstick either, which is why I wanted to go for something wearable, easy to re-apply too! 

The earrings were £50, they do matching necklaces too and smaller earrings (less tiers) for £30. I struggled to decide what to go for! 

Wedding addict

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

Ruthie - the ones my Mum got were reasonably good quality and not thin, i like them! Hope yours are nice when you get them! 

In Oxford we went to Charlotte tilbury as I wore ”Bond Girl” matte lipstick for my sisters wedding and loved the texture and how long it lasted. I wanted to try pillow talk, but didn’t want to order without trying as some people said it was quite beige on them. We dont have CT near my house so it was nice I happened to be in Oxford and found one! I know it’s a mmassively popular shade, I would say it’s one shade up on my natural lip colour. I tried it with the lip liner, which I already have and the assistant put hall of fame lip gloss over the top, which is a barely there gloss, I loved the combo. The gloss wasn’t at all sticky, it felt really comfortable. 

This is the photo from the website of Just the lipstick. 

My Mum and step Dad also kindly got me these gorgeous earrings from John Lewis. 

Glad to get some more bits, we’ve got less than 8 weeks to go now! 

Obsessed with these earrings! They are so beautiful 

Bridezilla

Thanks ladies, i was worried they were too big and blingy but my Mum was like if you can’t wear them on your Wedding day when can you! They are actually fine. I’m not wearing any other jewellery, so think they will be great! My dress is sparkly too but it’s subtle and only really obvious when moving under the lights. 

I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going. This weekend we are going to sit down and sort our ceremony. As we are having a celebrant and getting married officially 3 days before we can have a bespoke ceremony. The celebrant has asked lots of questions - qualities we love in each other, details on how we met, our plans together, hopes for the future, what we think makes a good marriage. It’s definitely made us think!  

Bridezilla

Happy Easter weekend all! 

Weve made some decisions for canapes and evening buffet! 

We've decided to have for canapés - melted mozarella with olive crostini, gambas al pil pil on stone baked sourdough, crispy salt cod and finally ham hock terrine.

And for evening buffet -  chorizo sausage rolls, smoked salmon and creme fraiche blinis, asparagus & parmesan tartlets, Pizzettes with capes and anchovies, baked figs with goats cheese and Parma ham and a selection of eclairs, fruit tarts and meringues! Hope everyone's hungry! 

I’ve seen some photos on their social media of how they display the canapes and buffet and it looks lovely! 

We are thinking of having a cheese tower instead of wedding cake, but can’t help but think either way it’s just more food and may not get eaten. Ive never been to a wedding where sweet puddings are included in the buffet, but this is why I don’t think we need a cake, as well as the fact we both are prefer cheese. That being said I know lots of people that love cheese and I guess we can keep eating it after the wedding, so wouldn’t be a total waste if not eaten! 

Bridezilla

Your canapes and evening buffet looks awesome! We do love cheese! xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/