Your planning threads

Elegant Romance - September 2017

501 to 518 of 518 posts

Bridezilla

P's away for work for the week, so I'm taking the opportunity to work on his wedding presents. Finished the first 3 bottles today and they look so cute. Timing is great as today I gave notice on our current house, sent the documents to exchange and agreed a completion date for our new house. I can now see us drinking these bottles of wine in our new home, where we will live as Mr and Mrs Woolgrove. So excited!

Bridezilla

Confetti

Not a whole lot going on wedding wise with the hosue move in full swing, but today I got approval for my confetti change! Meaning, P sent me a thumbs up emoji. That counts!

So we were just going to have the forist provide 2 baskets of petals for confetti, but I have gone rogue! I was slightly worried about hwo the petals would fall. I mean, confetti is engineered to fall at a good speed for photos, so who knows what actual nature would do! Plus rose petals look rubbish when crushed, so when people take a handful from the basket, it'll look all gross.

So new plan - natural dried petals. Adam Apple has been recommended by so many people that I couldn't ignore! We're going to get some lavender buds (for the smell), then the ivory & pink mix (to stick to the colour scheme), some of the vintage mix (it's pretty) and then some of the summer mix (because I think more colours will look better in the photos - screw the colour scheme!). And it's cheaper than the florist.

But then what do we do with it? I don't want to put it in baskets because honestly, when you get to the bottom, you're not going to use the last 1/4 of it because you've hit the bottom and it's all spread out, so if you want everyone to have some, you have to get too much. Cones are expensive. So bags! Little bags of confetti, that seems sensible. And everyone gets a decent amount.

I saw a photo on pinterest ages ago, of the confetti attached to the order of service, at the back. It seemed a very sensible and efficient way to make sure everyone had some confetti. I floated it by P and he said yes! Yay! So we're going for something like this:

Then the confetti shot can be organised quicker too.

I can get the bags from ebay for like £5, and we'll get some stickers to attach them for £10 or so. Still cheaper than the florist. I think it's quite cute, very pleased with myself. Now I just need to buy everything...

Bridezilla

Love your confetti bags attached to the order of service. We are going to order from Adam Apple towards the end of the year. It will be a January task to put the bags together! 

Please say you will do a report! 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

Aww, what a sweet thing to say, Wibble, thank you :) I'm only getting 1 shot at it, so I don't want to regret missing something! Plus my job bores me so my mind wanders!

Yes, of course I will, MrsThomas, but you've still got another 4.5 months until the wedding happens! And I'm the end of summer so I think my photos will take longer because there'll be a backlog.

Bridezilla

Shoes Take 2

Guys, I bought new shoes. This is the problem with planning so far out - you change your mind.

Although I am 100% certain that my first pair of shoes are what I'm going for asthetically, they're just not practical! They're 4.5 inches high, which my old self has had to conclude is just too high. I'm not super confident in my step when I have them on and I'm worried I'll end up doing a weird shuffle because I'm being cautious. Then there's the stiletto issue. Now, don't get me wrong, I chose a stiletto heel because they are so much more attractive than a chunky heel. They're just feminine and pretty and give you great posture. Also I really wanted that tell tale heel noise as I walk down the aisle Buuuuut...they sink in grass & aren't very good for cobbles. Unfortunately, I'm going to be spending a whole lot of my wedding day walking on cobbles and across grass, so that's a whole issue to tackle. I was planning on getting those plastic heel stoppers you can get to protect your heels & not sink in grass but that doesn't fix the cobble situation. Specifically, I have to walk down a long cobble path downhill as I leave the church...with 100 people watching. Really don't want to fall over! 

So a more practical shoe is needed. And this may have been my most bridezilla moment to date - luckily only directed at myself. I have been in a right sulk about not wearing my pretty shoes for like a week. Honestly, still might change my mind. But I think if I even stand in them for 5 minutes, I'll realise they're just too painful and that's that.

My friend's fiancée recommended some shoes to me that looked amazing on her but apparently are very comfortable. She managed 12 hours in them at a wedding as a guests and didn't complain once. So I have a lot of hope for curbing the crippling pain of the pretty shoes. Unfortunately they're from Clarks, who I have a weird aversion to. I don't know why but in my mind, Clarks are for 70 year olds. And I may be turning 25 in 4 days but I'm not that old! But they really are exactly what I would be looking for (and I can totally wear them again) - they're blush pink (sticking to the colour theme), with a 3 inch chunky heel. And a closed round toe, which it seems is impossible to find in blush these days because I've been looking for ages. And they do wide fit, so that is encouraging. So I've tried to be an adult and ignored my previous prejudices and ordered them. Ordered in a 4.5 and 5 becasue since I've lost weight, all my shoes are too big, which is just weird. Could I not lose weight from somewhere more noticable please?! Anyway, I digress, here are the new not so pretty, far more practical, still very cheap, shoes:

My mum thinks I'll still change my mind. And to be honest, I might. I just think that the pretty shoes are going to be too painful and I don't want to put on my trainers until really late because my dress will be way too long then.

So they've been dispatched (as I write this) so they should be here by the wedding. Fingers crossed.

Bridezilla

I wear Clarkes shoes all the time and they are so bloody comfortable! The longest I wore my black t bar suede shoes was 14 hours and they are like a pair of slippers. 

Sometimes comfort is needed more! I personally really like your new shoes. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

Comfort is definitely number 1! No one will see your shoes & the last thing you want on your wedding day is to be uncomfortable. I think they're a pretty shoe - definitely good for cobbles & grass!

My only issue with a court shoe is that they aren't secured to your feet (sounds stupid when you write it down!) so you might want to look into those party feet type things that will give you grip. My fear was losing a shoe as I walked down the aisle so I went for a shoe with an ankle strap that was slightly lower than i'd usually go for. I wore some from the Jenny Packham Debenhams range which were very comfortable. 

My original choice of shoe were a pair of bright blue Carrie Bradshaw type shoes which are AMAZING but were just too high for a whole days wear. I wore them for my hen do instead :-)

Bridezilla

MrsThomas, as usual, you are right. You are always my guidance in being sensible and calming my inner bridezilla, thank you! Very glad to hear another account that Clarks shoes are comfortable - maybe that's why older people (as in over 18) like them, they're mature enough to realise comfort is important. To be honest, I think my worry is hugely tied to turning 25 at the weekend & buying a house (exchange today!!) and really really not wanting to be a grown up! Gone are the days when I'd cripple my feet for days for just a few hours of looking good, and that makes me sad.

MrsE you are very right, I think once I try them on back to back I will realise that comfort wins. I normally wear court shoes, so I'm fairly confident that I'll be ok. We'll see which size fits best but most likely I'll pop those little heel fillers in the back to pad them out a bit. My feet are so wide that I normally have the opposite problem - once they're on, they're never coming off! Definitely planning to wear the pretty shoes to my bridal shower instead! No way they'll sit unused forever.

Bridezilla

I swear reading your post about shoes is literally just what I have been thinking over the last couple of days! My shoes are high (4 inches) which is fine I wear high heels all the time but at the same time I want to be comfy. Then what do Dune do, they bring out the shoes I have already bought in a slightly lower heel (3 inches) with an added cross strap. I am really tempted to try them out. They've even brought out a pair in this beautiful baby blue that I am tempted to have as a 'something blue'. This is what we get for being too organised!!! The shop have also already pinned my dress with the high heels I took a month ago....anyway I have to say those clark shoes are a really cute colour and will be so comfy, my sister has some heeled sandals from there which she can last ages in!

Bridezilla

MrsMann you are so right, we need to be less organised! I've seen the shoes you're talking about and they are so nice! I was tempted to find some blue shoes for my something blue, but I couldn't find the right colour but those are divine! I just can't wear pointed shoes because of the whole wide foot thing, I just look silly :(

Bridezilla

Oh to be 25 again! 34 sucks massively! Lol. But you are right, you get to an age where you think sod that, I need comfort over style. Lol. I gave up trying to squeeze my feet into pretty shoes ages ago, I admire but rarely buy! 

I have two pairs of shoes for the wedding...so far. May add a third pair yet! Lol. 

Bridezilla

FutureMrsWoolgrove wrote (see post):

MY MOTHER JUST INVITED SOMEONE TO MY WEDDING WITHOUT ASKING ME!!!! 

Oh dear. Keep calm xxxx 

Bridezilla

FutureMrsWoolgrove wrote (see post):

MY MOTHER JUST INVITED SOMEONE TO MY WEDDING WITHOUT ASKING ME!!!! 

My mum has invited 4 people so far without asking, Ive told her they can come to the evening but shes not inviting any more and shes paying for the 4 shes invited.

Wouldnt mind so much but shes backed out of every offer she made to pay for things (my dress, carriage, flower girl dresses, cake etc) but sees nothing wrong in acting the hostess.

What are you going to do?