Your planning threads

Eeek! Here we go..January 2019

61 to 80 of 146 posts

Bridezilla

Your dress is sooo beautiful.  I'm glad you were able to get the one you wanted after all.

If you type Manchester videographer in the Search bar on this site, several threads come up that might help you find a videographer. The nice part is that the recommendations come from real brides on the forum.  The videographers I can think of that do great work do travel, but are definitely well out of your area!

Oooo your honeymoon sounds fab - more details, please!

Bridezilla

KittyFiennes wrote (see post):

Your dress is sooo beautiful.  I'm glad you were able to get the one you wanted after all.

If you type Manchester videographer in the Search bar on this site, several threads come up that might help you find a videographer. The nice part is that the recommendations come from real brides on the forum.  The videographers I can think of that do great work do travel, but are definitely well out of your area!

Oooo your honeymoon sounds fab - more details, please!

Thank you I love it so much πŸ’—

Here are our honeymoon plans so far. I’ve been speaking to Imagine Travel and they have been incredible we’ve looked at loads of options but think we may go with these 

3 night safari stay at Mahali Mzuri hot air balloon trip

and then 4 nights beach stay at Alfijiri Villas

We have an appointment at Kuoni for the Honeymoon experience but I can’t see them bettering Imagine Travel for service 

I had my heart set on visiting the Rock restaurant in Zanzibar but with our limited time we are probably best staying in Kenya and reducing flight times 

Phil’s passport arrived this morning too so they saw him to give notice today. So that minor stress is now resolved πŸ™„

Bridezilla

Evening food

I’ve changed my mind so many times on this!! Firstly we were having a retro buffet but I was worried it wouldn’t display how I had in my head so we went with a pizza bar

But today I had a great idea of nandos style buffet 

It‘s Phils favourite so I was thinking peri peri chicken thighs/wings, chips, spicy rice and coleslaw 

I’ve put it forward to the hotel so fingers crossed they can do it ....

Bridezilla

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

Just binge read this! I love your dress! love the sound of your evening buffet also, which ever option you go for! Haha! 

Loving the 2019 threads are coming into force now! 

Pity about the giving notice.... we’re moving in November/December so we’ve decided not to give notice until January, but I wish we could do it now!

We moved Dec just gone and the district we are getting married in are really pushy to get it done ASAP. It does make it feel a bit more real though. 

It’s fab seeing all the 2019ers I love all the planning and reports and seeing people’s ideas πŸ‘°πŸΌπŸ’—

Bridezilla

Not much to update as have been sending myself mad in the search for a videographer 

I made the mistake of showing Phil this

www.thismodernrevelry.co.uk

and now nothing compares. We found the Costa Sisters who are also incredible but it seems like they only want to work with ‘cool’ couples so that’s us out πŸ˜‚

I have literally looked at 100s. We want an edgy film that’s fast paced with no voiceovers. Apparently this is impossible to find in the North. Don‘t get me wrong there is some fabulous work out there but just not that fits our spec. 

Our venue has a wedding fair tomorrow so going by some random luck we find someone there 🀷‍♀️ We’ve also got free tickets to the show at event city next weekend so there is hope..

The major good news is that our honeymoon comes in within budget!!!  I can’t rave about Imagine Travel enough they have been so attentive.

Bridezilla

New to this wrote (see post):

hello! Just caught up, I’ll be Following! 

Amazing dress ! Love it!!! 

Amazing honeymoon too! Are you taking the kids? X 

Yay lovely to have people reading :-)

No we are having a full week with no kids!!! I think I am more excited about this than the wedding itself haha.  The boys will go to their dads for half term and the small one will go to my mums (will be their wedding gift to us)

Bridezilla

We went to Kuoni today just to get another quote for the honeymoon. They were really good and the price was great too, I was pleasantly surprised (the two glasses of prosecco might have helped πŸ˜‚) 

We loved the hotel for the safari but the beach hotel was nowhere near as nice as our other option.

So I’m confirming dates with my parents tomorrow and then we’ll put a deposit down with Imagine Africa πŸ™Œ

Bridezilla

So a little update, we have booked Electric Blue βœ…

Had a chat with my hairdresser and we are going to try these two styles 

My hair is really fine so not sure if either will work she thinks the first one will look better

I‘ve also got a consultation with an MUA in Liverpool next month. I fancy something like this but she said they will try a few styles at my trial if I go ahead and book

We are waiting on friends for invites and venue dressing which is stressing me a little bit as I know it’s far from urgent and our wedding is ages off...but I like to plan πŸ˜‚

Our invites are fortune tellers so very excited to see what they look like when our friend shows us the design

Bridezilla

I am so excited for you for your honeymoon! I've never been anywhere terribly interesting but the OH and I want to hopefully next year...so will be watching your thread for those highlights for sure! Is it just me and my boring life, or is it sometimes hard to believe that places like the one in your first Africa pic really exist??

Your hair inspo is really pretty.  I have super long, super fine hair and had trouble with styling it for my prev wedding. Def have a go at a trial and maybe have alternate styles researched.  

Your wedding is definitely not "ages" off, it's less than a year!

Bridezilla

It is definitely a once in a lifetime trip for us which is why we didn’t want to just sit on a beach for a week. Although anything that doesn’t involve running around after small children would be amazing in itself πŸ˜‚

I’m thinking a bun style as a backup then I can use a ring to make it look fuller. It’s always been fine but sure it’s got much worse as I’ve got older!

Thanks I’m glad it’s not just me that feels like it’s soon everyone else (family Inc) look at me like I’m mad making so many plans πŸ™„ that’s why this forum is so good 😊 

Bridezilla

Kaybridetobe wrote (see post):

Just caught up, I have been MIA... you  doing good with all this planning... I need to catch up! 

Your honeymoon looks perfect and exactly what we are thinking of doing. We were looking at South Africa to do a safari and then wineland  would you mind telling me your budget each? 

Welcome back πŸ‘‹πŸΌ 

I think with all flights, transfers, safaris and both all inc hotels, Hot air balloon trip it’s £6k each 🀒

We’ll be in Skegness the year after πŸ˜‚ sorry kids! 

Wedding addict

well to be honest with all you will be doing I would imagine it would be a lot.  It it’s a real once in a lifetime experience so GO FOR IT   South Africa is a little cheaper but I’m not sure on how safe it is as I’ve heard horror stories lol would love to do Kenya but I was thinking 3.5k each as a max so probably not doable. So excited for you!