Your planning threads

A long time coming.....Our Vegas Wedding, 30th July 2018

141 to 160 of 221 posts

Bridezilla

So I caught up on Weatherwaxes thread today and fell in love with her customised Gazelles! I always wear gazelles and they’re so comfy. I googled straight away  and customised some for myself. They will also say Just Married on them. I love pink so these will be fab, if my Jimmy Choos get too much I can change into these later in the evening and I’ll also have them for our honeymoon road trip. 

Bridezilla

VegasLou wrote (see post):

Thanks Ruthie, just caught up in your thread. It’s all getting so close now! I’m quite excited now. 

Me too - can't believe how quickly this year is going!!! xxx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

Love the Gazelles!!! You mentioned elsewhere about potentially sunset photos - I know you're at the Bellagio but I am a keen sunset chaser and my other half spent a couple of weeks in Vegas for work - depending on how much time you have for photos you could try these spots for sunset pictures :)

Voodoo Lounge at the Rio 

50 stories high, it's located on the west-side of town so you get a good view of the city with the desert in the distance!

The higher the better unless there is clouds - then the High Roller pronounces so great colours. I would say if you have time in your day - the Neon Graveyard looks amazing for wedding photos! 

It'll be here before you know it :)

Bridezilla

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

Catching up on the Gazelle Crew!

Just have to say WOW at both the suite and the gorgeousness of the House of Blues, what a brilliant idea. I'm also keen on your Jimmy Choos but feel like you need a brighter, stripier pair of socks to go with on the day... 

Haha yes maybe I will customise some socks just for the day! 

Bridezilla

I can’t belive How fast the time is flying past now! 

Yeaterday I ordered my wedding ring! I’ve tried on lots, I didn’t want a plain band and I saw this one and loved it! It’s a bit different but I’m really happy with my choice. Mr.D still has to get his. 

Also the bridal shop phoned me this week and want to start dress fitting at the end of May! I’m going to try my dress on in a couple of weeks as I have no idea what to wear in my hair or what jewellery to buy so I’m hoping I might get some inspiration if I try it on again. 

And I now have not one but 2 MOHs, my best friend and Mr.Ds sister. I’ve said I’m not sure what will be required of them as I just want to walk in with my son. I’m happy for them to choose their own outfits, I’m not worried about co-ordinating. I’m paying for their hair and make up to be done in our suite on the morning of the wedding, it’ll be lovely to have them both there with me and I’m sure we’ll have a few laughs and a few glasses of fizz! 

Bridezilla

Wow where is that ring from? It's beautiful!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Oh thank you ladies, I didn’t think it would be to many people’s taste. I live in Devon and it’s from a small independent jewellers called Rodney Moorhouse. I was so happy to find it as we visited Hatton Garden recently and I didn’t see anything I liked there although I wasn’t sure what I was looking for until  I tried this one on and I loved it. 

Bridezilla

This week I’ve sorted our flowers, well my bouquet and button holes. I’d had the flowers I wanted pinned on Pinterest for over a year so u was disappointed when the Bellagio told me that peonies won’t be in season :( They are going to do their best to get some for me. Oops pics are too large, I will try and re-size them.

Bridezilla

I’d really like to get a corsage for my MOHs, I’d thought I could get them from a florist on the strip but I’ve just read a clause in the contract that said we will be charged between $500-$1000 if we bring in outside flowers so maybe I’ll have to order them through The Bellagio.

Excited that I’ve made an appointment and am trying in my dress on Wednesday!! 

Bridezilla

Peonies have a very short and specific season sadly - I'm gutted we can't have them either.

Some garden roses or David Austin roses are a good substitute.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

Hi VegasLou,

I am am so excited to have found this thread and registered on here just so we can chat!

I get married in vegas next year at the Bellagio and Araceli is also my wedding planner. I have never even remotely tried to plan a wedding before never mind thousands of miles away!

Id love to keep in touch and get some ideas from you and hear all about when you get married and see the pics.

We get get married on the Terazza Di Sogno with a view over the fountains. I have some family confirmed to be joining us. We are then flying off to Hawaii for our honeymoon.

love Vanessa x

Bridezilla

VegasLou it's so annoying about the flowers. I know a lot of people use ranunculus in place of peonies too, they're also very pretty and have the same sort of feel about them. 

I want bright wildflowers, but an end of October wedding is proving problematic on that front too! 

Fingers crossed that your dress trying on session goes well :) 

Bridezilla

VanessaVegas wrote (see post):

Hi VegasLou,

I am am so excited to have found this thread and registered on here just so we can chat!

I get married in vegas next year at the Bellagio and Araceli is also my wedding planner. I have never even remotely tried to plan a wedding before never mind thousands of miles away!

Id love to keep in touch and get some ideas from you and hear all about when you get married and see the pics.

We get get married on the Terazza Di Sogno with a view over the fountains. I have some family confirmed to be joining us. We are then flying off to Hawaii for our honeymoon.

love Vanessa x

Hi Vanessa!

Yay another Vegas bride. Are you on the FB page for UK brides planning weddings in Vegas? It’s a great page for info. If you’re not I will send you a link. Which date next year to you get married? I can’t believe our wedding is only 10 weeks tomorrow! 

Bridezilla

Weatherwaxe, yes it’s frustrating when you can’t have what you want. I’m not even sure the Americans make bouquets the same way as they do here in the UK, theirs look very structured. Another problem is that I’m talking through a third party because I’m having to go through the wedding planner rather than talking direct to the florist. I hope you can find a some flowers you‘re Happy with xx