Your DIY ideas

What's your best DIY?

1 to 17 of 17 posts

Bridezilla

I love my hoops the most! I'm so proud of how quick and cheap they were to make.

I'm also really happy with my signage and shrinky dink acrylic place names!

I did all our save the dates and wax seals etc as well. I need to do the proper invitations but still deciding how I want them to look.

I'm sure there's loads more for me to do that I've not thought of yet. I'm also making bunting out of paper cranes so instead of putting a triangle of fabric on the string, I'm putting a length of thread with a few cranes dangling. Should look really impactful!

Honestly my one piece of advice is to learn cursive and then faux calligraphy if you don't already know how  to. It opens up lots of possibilities!

Bridezilla

Not nearly as impressive as Helen's, but we just finished our post box at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it!

Bridezilla

We are having a geeky themed wedding with dragon eggs and paper flowers. Still got quite a bit to go

Bridezilla

Ive DIY'd a bit, but the most time consuming, and expensive (probably wouldn't have cost much more to get them made) were my invitations. If you've got the time and patience though id advise to go for it as im really happy with how they turned out and because i designed every aspect myself, they're a lot more personal than having them made professionally. 

Wedding addict

Wish I had used pretty flowers like Helen! 

Bridezilla

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

I love my hoops the most! I'm so proud of how quick and cheap they were to make.

I did all our save the dates and wax seals etc as well. I need to do the proper invitations but still deciding how I want them to look.

I'm sure there's loads more for me to do that I've not thought of yet. I'm also making bunting out of paper cranes so instead of putting a triangle of fabric on the string, I'm putting a length of thread with a few cranes dangling. Should look really impactful!

Honestly my one piece of advice is to learn cursive and then faux calligraphy if you don't already know how  to. It opens up lots of possibilities!

Wow all your DIY is amazing! Where did you get your hoops from if you don't mind me asking? 

Definitely plan to learn calligraphy, is cursive the text you've used for your signage? (Sorry I know nothing about fonts!) It looks amazing! 

Bridezilla

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

Ive DIY'd a bit, but the most time consuming, and expensive (probably wouldn't have cost much more to get them made) were my invitations. If you've got the time and patience though id advise to go for it as im really happy with how they turned out and because i designed every aspect myself, they're a lot more personal than having them made professionally. 

Oh wow you've done loads! The invitations look amazing! I definitely want to make my own although I'll see how well my attempts come out! Did you cut the pocket folds yourself or buy them and stick everything in? 

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
MrsMcS wrote (see post):

Not nearly as impressive as Helen's, but we just finished our post box at the weekend and I'm really pleased with it!

Oh wow that looks incredible! Did you use card to make it? 

We got the post box from Hobbycraft, it was plain brown card. We spray painted it red and I designed and printed the sign on Publisher :)

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Wow all your DIY is amazing! Where did you get your hoops from if you don't mind me asking? 

Definitely plan to learn calligraphy, is cursive the text you've used for your signage? (Sorry I know nothing about fonts!) It looks amazing! 

B&m for the hoops - £2 and a can of spray paint that I already had! The foliage and flowers are all from the range and home bargains.

Yeah cursive is just the joined up loopy font :)

Bridezilla

I absolutely loved the DIY wedding. I made all the invitation and decorations. I made bunting, fabric flowers, designed for the signs. There was very little I didn’t do. But my favourite was my table plan. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Wedding addict

Mine will be my flowers when they are all grown and done, as I am growing all my own flowers! 

Also done all std’s, invites, place settings, cutlery tags, favors, post box, table centers etc 

Wedding addict

im so in awe of all your skills everyone!! im definitely going to pinch some ideas i think and give things a go! i have 20 months anyway so plenty of time if i get it wrong!