Your DIY ideas

Modge podge

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Bridezilla

I have some glitter projects lined up 😁 I want to glitter my MDF letters, and glitter some satin shoes.

Im confused by all the different types of modge podge, does anyone know which one is best for these projects? I know glitter is quite popular here

Bridezilla

i used the orange one with glitter. The first few glitter things I did, I just used normal PVA to stick to glitter on and then just did the top layer in modge cos it's blooming expensive!! The last few things I've done I just used modge all over cos I couldn't be bothered and they look identical. 

It stinks though, make sure you open a window!

Bridezilla

I might try the pva then, got tonnes of it already! Thanks for the tip wouldnt of thought to do that.

Bridezilla

I've been wondering this same thing.

Im wanting to put glitter on the stems of champagne glasses but havent a clue where to start, all i know is tgat podge stuff is involved lol x

Bridezilla

The mystery deepenss for me, Ive been looking for rose gold glitter, but all I can seem to find is "nail glitter". Will this work? Is it different to standard glitter? And how much glitter does one need?! Its soooo confusing.

Bridezilla

Got some!!!!!!!

Apparantly you need the greeny/blue one. You paint it on, dust on the glitter, leave to dry over night then seal with another coat of the podge.

I bought this off ebay for £8 and got 2 x 10g pots of glitter for 99p each. You need to get the glitter dust stuff.

I'm waiting for my glitter to arrive then I'll give it a whirl. Wish me luck!!x

Bridezilla

We did a lot of glittering for my daughter's wedding, 2 or 3 thin layers of glitter work best and then we sealed with an adhesive spray so that the glitter stayed put . We glittered onto metal , wood, plastic and glass etc and it worked out really well .  Enjoy x

New bride

MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

I have some glitter projects lined up 😁 I want to glitter my MDF letters, and glitter some satin shoes.

Im confused by all the different types of modge podge, does anyone know which one is best for these projects? I know glitter is quite popular here

I use the ‘Gloss’ mod podge...there’s plenty of videos on YouTube. I also used glitter from eBay..if you type in glitter for glass there should be loads. I used a fantastic glitter by a company called Hemway.

Paint on the glue, cover the area with glitter (over an ice cream tub so you can collect the fallen glitter and reuse - I put mine in a jar and use it from that) and when dry, paint another layer of the gloss Mod Podge over the top to seal it. It’ll be white at first but will dry and look fab! 

Bridezilla

I used modge podge on mine and a clear sealent spray... I have done glass jars, wine bottles and champagne flutes. All look fab, even if I do say so myself! :)

Bridezilla

A top tip for all those using modge podge - it's watered down PVA glue! PVA (a couple of quid for lots) and water! I know Modge Podge claims to be a must for these projects - it isn't. 

1 cup of glue and 1/3 cup of water - that makes the perfect Modge Podge. 

Save yourself some pennies :)

If you want it to be waterproof - use varnish!