Your DIY ideas

Guest Book ideas?

1 to 20 of 24 posts

Bridezilla

The main reason I don't want a traditional guest book is because we're only inviting 40 people so it won't even nearly fill up lol

I'm doing a lot of DIY stuff for the wedding anyway, so thought why not do a DIY guest book too... any ideas? I don't want anything fingerprint orientated because if I were at a wedding I wouldn't wanna get my fingers covered in ink or paint or whatever lol 

I thought of the polaroid thing, but I'm already using polaroid cameras for the tableplan/scavenger hunt activity...

Bridezilla

Could you put out some smaller pieces of sketch paper and pencils and ask each guest to draw you a picture and write a message, these could then be put into frames?

New bride

We've gone for a picture frame which people post hearts into once signed, so it can go on our wall afterwards. We got ours from Etsy, but think hobbycraft and loads of other places do them now. 

Bridezilla

We're having a large framed picture of us with space around the picture for guests to sign and leave a message. Then when we have our official wedding pictures we will swap the photo in the frame for a wedding picture and hang it up at home.

We'll probably have a traditional guest book as well for people who want to write essays  x

Wedding addict

We are having a thumb print tree which we will frame and then also having a traditional guest book if people wish to leave a message.xx 

Bridezilla

We got a old map signed, it was of a town in Scotland which matches my maiden name, but we considered a map of where we met. People just signed it or wrote a small message along edge, and we have it framed. It looks like a map on first glance, til you see the signatures. We only had 20 odd guests though. 

We were considering an old dictionary, people can circle a word they associate with you or leave wee notes that you find as you use it over time.

Bridezilla

How about a Jenga guest book? Guests sign the pieces and it's something you could actually use in the future for family games and be reminded of the day at the same time.

Bridezilla

MrsMcS wrote (see post):

How about a Jenga guest book? Guests sign the pieces and it's something you could actually use in the future for family games and be reminded of the day at the same time.

Oh I love this! My son would find that so much fun 😍 it could entertain him at the actual wedding as well! He and his cousin will both be 2 1/2 by then so it's perfect 

Bridezilla

We're going to have something like this, with old postcards from places we've travelled to, and a sign saying something like 'please write us a postcard!' - like you we're only having 40-ish guests, so didn't want anything that might look empty. Not sure how we'll display them after the wedding, maybe just stick them in an album!

Bridezilla

gill17 wrote (see post):

We got a old map signed, it was of a town in Scotland which matches my maiden name, but we considered a map of where we met. People just signed it or wrote a small message along edge, and we have it framed. It looks like a map on first glance, til you see the signatures. We only had 20 odd guests though. 

We were considering an old dictionary, people can circle a word they associate with you or leave wee notes that you find as you use it over time.

We are doing that with the dictionary! Need to find a nice one though. 

Wedding addict

LizzieBH wrote (see post):

We're going to have something like this, with old postcards from places we've travelled to, and a sign saying something like 'please write us a postcard!' - like you we're only having 40-ish guests, so didn't want anything that might look empty. Not sure how we'll display them after the wedding, maybe just stick them in an album!

We're using postcards as well as a traditional guest book. Just need to find a nice way to collect them at the wedding that doesn't clash with the rest of the wedding decor...

Bridezilla

MrsM2018 wrote (see post):
We're using postcards as well as a traditional guest book. Just need to find a nice way to collect them at the wedding that doesn't clash with the rest of the wedding decor...

We've bought a set of little suitcases from Sass & Belle. :)

Wedding addict

Thanks Lizzie, I'll check Sass & Belle out

A video guest book sounds amazing actually, wish I'd thought of that!

New bride

We are having large wooden letters L O V E in shabby chic white from Etsy for our guests to sign which we can keep and have in our new home and we will also have a polariod camera for guests to take their photos, sign them and peg up on a fairly light decorated wooden pallet thingy. The photos can then be mounted in a book after the wedding to keep.

Bridezilla

We had a fingerprint tree and provided baby wipes so ink was no problem, I did it myself and it wiped straight off.

I also liked the idea of guests signing a globe too, there were some on Pinterest that had been painted in ivory and gold or other weddingy colour schemes.

Bridezilla

DebDtobe wrote (see post):

We are having large wooden letters L O V E in shabby chic white from Etsy for our guests to sign which we can keep and have in our new home and we will also have a polariod camera for guests to take their photos, sign them and peg up on a fairly light decorated wooden pallet thingy. The photos can then be mounted in a book after the wedding to keep.

Ooh I like this idea! I wonder if I could get a wooden sign made with the date of our wedding they could sign??

New bride

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):
DebDtobe wrote (see post):

Ooh I like this idea! I wonder if I could get a wooden sign made with the date of our wedding they could sign??

yeah im sure you could, the guy i am using is Mikesfinedesigns on Etsy UK, send him a message, he does custom orders. 

Bridezilla

We are having a framed photo with extra large mount for guests to sign. We went over and over guest book ideas. We’re also going to have a large jar with kraft tags for people to leave a note for us to read on our first wedding anniversary. I’ll look forward to reading them a year on...

New bride

Place beautiful cherry blossom, manzanita, or magnolia branches in a pot. Make cards with ribbons attached and ask guests to write their good wishes or advice and hang the cards on the branches. Makes for a pretty keepsake for around the house afterward.