Weight loss for your wedding

But I Love Food!!

1 to 20 of 20 posts

New bride

Hey Everyone! 

My First thread on here and really looking forward to hearing your advice. I NEED to go on a diet before the big day but i love food, everyone's down fall right!! I've been on a few diets before like slimming world, juice plus there all great but i always pile the weight back on in no time, i've got the contraceptive implant i,m not sure if that's the reason behind it all or if i'm just blaming it. What has everyone else done? Has anyone else been in this situation before i'm just getting scared that i wont get down to the size i want to be before the big day. 

Bridezilla

I had the implant out a fortnight ago. I look less bloated but I've not seen a difference on the scales. I use myfitnesspal to track calories, and do home cooked meals. I love food and dont feel like I'm missing out!

Bridezilla

I feel your pain!

Ive put on 1/2 stone since my wedding 18 months ago but I've had my wedding dress shortened and I want to wear it to a party in mid July. I want to shift that weight so I feel good in it again but it's just not happening.

I love food and wine but hate exercise. To top it off I have hurt my back and I'm worried about making it worse so I'm eing pretty careful when it comes to exerting myself - not a good combo for shifting pounds.

I was going to give Slimming World a go I think...knowing I've spent money and someone will be writing down my weight each week feels like it will be useful motivation. Plus I like the idea that there is no calorie counting. 

Bridezilla

I’m exactly the same! I eat relatively healthy food but when unhealthy stuff is put in front of me, I have zero will power!

I‘m starting the 5:2 diet this week because I think it will fit in with my lifestyle better. Having to be good on 2 days, then eat in moderation for 5, sounds more achievable to me than restricting myself 7 days a week. It’s not a long term solution but should hopefully help me get the to size I want to be for the wedding! X

Bridezilla

I’ve got the contraceptive implant and I’ve still lost four stone following slimming world. It’s the old cliche saying it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change. If you go back to old habits you’re bound to gain weight.

Wedding addict

I am in the exact same position.

I have the contraceptive implant for the second time and this time around I have not noticed a massive weight gain as I did last time,

I am following slimming world but same as some of the other comments - If I see bad food I have no will power to decline it!!

I found myself losing the most weight when I did Herbalife  for a few weeks, its SO hard and VERY costly , but I do find that although its not possible to keep it up forever, ( if you LOVE food like me and also cant afford it!)... But it doesn't get you in a habit of smaller portions and controlling yourself.

My Fitness pal is brilliant, also LOTS of water, more than 2 litres a day if poss and walking!

You can do it.

Bridezilla

I am doing weight watchers and currently sorting out a gym membership. Have yoyo-ed a bit due to family stuff meaning I have been grabbing whatever is on offer, whenever I can but it is working :)

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

I lost over a stone on slimming world before Christmas, and a further half a stone since without going. The hardest bit is the beginning, the first 'No' to a biscuit! I was super strict with myself at the beginning and stuck to it religiously. If it wasnt slimming world friendly, i didnt eat. After the first couple of weeks you find yourself sticking to plan without even thinking about it. The weigh in each week helps you stick to it too, the little kick you get when they write a little minus sign in your book makes it all worthwhle!

Ive eased off a lot since Christmas and i no longer go to class, but ive managed to still lose, albeit a LOT slower. 

The main difference i made to my diet is to scrap processed food. Sauces were the main culprit, mayo, ketchup, jars of curry sauce or dolmio for spag bol etc.. full of salt, sugar and empty calories. I make all my own now, be prepared to stock up on tinned tomatoes! 

Wedding addict

I've noticed a difference now that I'v cut out nearly all carbs and am eating mainly fish and vegetables, but I know it is not sustainable and I will pile the pounds back on if I start eating normally again.  how long do you have until your wedding?

Bridezilla

I've lost about half a stone over the last 6 weeks by cutting out some carbs (still have nice bread when I feel like it and occasional pasta), most booze, and making dinners of things like courgetti with lemon and prawns, olives and chicken with salad etc... So stuff that's super tasty (tend to throw lots of fresh herbs and garlic at everything) and feels quite a treat to eat. Have also started drinking tons of water - major skin bonus for me as I get all the spots.

It works for me because as soon as the word 'diet' is mentioned I want a Chinese buffet and a beer... this isn't a diet, it's just swapping a few things for other things and eating fresh food rather than ready made stuff. As some have said above, it's a lifestyle change and healthy rather than aiming for skinny. 

New bride

continuitygirl wrote (see post):

I've noticed a difference now that I'v cut out nearly all carbs and am eating mainly fish and vegetables, but I know it is not sustainable and I will pile the pounds back on if I start eating normally again.  how long do you have until your wedding?

It still a while away August 2020 but due to the difficulty i've had losing weight in the past i need to start now really :( 

New bride

Beth78 wrote (see post):

i can nearly guarantee its the implant. I had the implant 10 months and gained 7 stone. Within a year of having it out I was back to my normal weight. I would never recommend the implant to anyone. take it out!

Thanks Beth, i noticed the weight gain after my first implant i'm now on my 3rd!! before my first implant i was a size 8/10 stealing my sister clothes as shes petite and i'm quite tall so i would wear her jeans etc, after the first implant it wasn't that bad only went to a size 12/14 but now i'm in 18/20 sometimes need a 22!!! I found when i have the out for renewal that's when i lose it all but i feel like i need some form of contraception. 

Bridezilla

I have the implant and think it's made me gain nearly 3 stone and I can't shift it now but I just can't resist the treats when they are right under my nose and people love to offer me treats 😂 my implant runs out next month and I'm thinking of not renewing it but I'll need to take some form of contraception. 

Will be following your thread for hints and tips :) 

New bride

Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

I have the implant and think it's made me gain nearly 3 stone and I can't shift it now but I just can't resist the treats when they are right under my nose and people love to offer me treats 😂 my implant runs out next month and I'm thinking of not renewing it but I'll need to take some form of contraception. 

Will be following your thread for hints and tips :) 

Feel Free to follow along!! Im going to attempt to keep updates on the post about the weight journey, im a big softy for chocolates sweets anything bad really but tonight was the first healthy meal;

Jacket potato with prawns and LOTS of salad 

and to feed my sweet tooth i had pineapple strawberries and grapes! 

Just needed a drizzle of chocolate sauce and it would have been perfect HAHA!! it was actually very sweet :) 

Wedding addict

I’ve had the implant for 7 years now and never gone above 8.5 stone, I do an hours exercise after work every day, sometimes running, sometimes swimming, sometimes cycling, sometimes gym circuits but I always do something no matter what 6 days a week.

I eat what I want but usually something like oats with berries for breakfast, banana and coffee mid morning, wholegrain home made sandwiches for lunch no processed meat, salmon and cream cheese or avocado and tomato etc with a fage total 0% yoghurt and some nuts, something to give me energy for my workout during the drive home like a nakd bar or a few biscuits, for dinner I always cook from scratch - chicken and spinach curry, cod and chorizo stew, thai green curry, salmon and oven roast veg, chicken provence, pork belly with roast potatoes and veg, steak with sweet potato wedges etc then usually have some dark chocolate afterwards maybe a glass of wine if it’s the weekend. 

Wedding addict

Melissa Barron wrote (see post):

Hey Everyone! 

My First thread on here and really looking forward to hearing your advice. I NEED to go on a diet before the big day but i love food, everyone's down fall right!! I've been on a few diets before like slimming world, juice plus there all great but i always pile the weight back on in no time, i've got the contraceptive implant i,m not sure if that's the reason behind it all or if i'm just blaming it. What has everyone else done? Has anyone else been in this situation before i'm just getting scared that i wont get down to the size i want to be before the big day. 

When is your big day? How are you getting on since you first posted?

Wedding addict

Mine is in a year and a month and I can ALMOST do the zip up on my dress... But I have the same problem! Nice food is such an important part of my life and it cheers me up when I'm stressed ! I guess it's easier to get into a more diet-y frame of mind when it's this hot? That's what I'm hoping!! And that then I can stick to it..

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

New bride

Melissa Barron wrote (see post):

Hey Everyone! 

you have to workout on regular basis, and also drink lemon juice as much as you can. It will help you to loss your weight quickly, be sure you have to be regular.

Wedding addict

I do slimming world. However it’s meant to be a lifestyle change not a diet otherwise you will put back on all the weight.