Weddings abroad

Santorini Brides 2016-2017

201 to 219 of 219 posts

New bride

Hi 

i am getting married at Santorini Gem on 1/8/17. I can see that legal documents have been discussed above but with a few months left to go can anyone give me a rough guide of what we need to take with us to validate the marriage at the town hall? Sorry I haven't managed to read all of the messages and get a definitive answer, 

also, could any brides that have married in Santorini before recommend a make up artist? I have reserved Renia Bledaki but haven't paid just yet. The work on her website is nice but not really typical of what make up artists would do here if that makes sense so am just a bit concerned. 

Thanks in advance

Lauren

New bride

Mrs..C..2be wrote (see post):

I have another legal question for those further along. I am I right in thinking once we get the certicate of non-impediment back, we send docs off to be legalised and apostle stamped, then get them translated and then send to the wedding planner? x

Hey Mrs C. 

I hope the plans are going well. Yeah that's right. Have you got a list of what you need legalised? It's all on my planners site. I can help if needed xx 

Lauren I've seen some of her work and she looks really good. You could always have a trial first. 

Jess x

New bride

I couldn't decide on a wedding planner so I am flying there on Thursday to meet with Alexandra from Gold-Weddings and Poema team.Very difficult decision to be made!

Bridezilla

I go out there next week to meet Nikos!

New bride

ruby11 wrote (see post):

I couldn't decide on a wedding planner so I am flying there on Thursday to meet with Alexandra from Gold-Weddings and Poema team.Very difficult decision to be made!

Hi Ruby I am sure you will have a better idea after you meet them! Good luck xxx Keep us updated if possible :) 

Wedding addict

Meeting a wedding planner in person always helps!

New bride

Hi 

i was just wondering if anyone was currently experiencing issues with Le Ciel. I am due to get married here on the 7th June however yesterday we received an email stating they are currently experiencing issues with licensing and may need to change venue. This after they have taken payment in full for 50 guests food and drinks packages. 

Anyone looking for for a wedding planner I would happily advise Kristina of Divine Weddings who has been fantastic during this ordeal. 

Bridezilla

Ohh Eleanor that sounds really stressful, sorry to hear  you're having issues. When will you know if you have to change venue? x

New bride

GillP2 It is illegal to lying about a company. You didn't have a personal opinion, you never been to Oceanids Estate but you wrote something so bad about this beautiful venue in Santorini. Why? What is the REAL reason that you want to harm Oceanids Estate?

I wish you the best for your becoming wedding but DO NOT LYING.

Shame on you

New bride

I am a 2018 Santorini bride too!I just booked venues for both ceremony and reception that is why I am sooo excited! I fell in love with Santorini Gem ,although it was a bit expensive for ceremony only (40 guests).Loved the aisle through the gardens and the breathtaking  caldera views.Also considering a catamaran cruise for the day after the wedding,for all my party!It would be lovely to swim at the Red beach and white beach as well as the hot springs!

Bridezilla

NikitasGillP2 wrote (see post):

GillP2 It is illegal to lying about a company. You didn't have a personal opinion, you never been to Oceanids Estate but you wrote something so bad about this beautiful venue in Santorini. Why? What is the REAL reason that you want to harm Oceanids Estate?

I wish you the best for your becoming wedding but DO NOT LYING.

Shame on you

Where has GillP2 mentioned Oceanids Estates?

New bride

Eleanor42 wrote (see post):

Hi 

i was just wondering if anyone was currently experiencing issues with Le Ciel. I am due to get married here on the 7th June however yesterday we received an email stating they are currently experiencing issues with licensing and may need to change venue. This after they have taken payment in full for 50 guests food and drinks packages. 

Oh no this sounds like a complete headache, have they sorted the licence out? Hope it's sorted!! X

Anyone looking for for a wedding planner I would happily advise Kristina of Divine Weddings who has been fantastic during this ordeal. 

New bride

Hi ladies :) 

Sorry to jump on this post.. but I've got a question hopefully someone can answer. 

I booked my venue, photographer, reception, etc direct when I flew out there last year. I'm marrying in June 2018 and recently got a wedding planner. 

Theyve asked what time i'd like to marry and I've said 4:30.. they've said they will only be able to confirm an exact time when the registrar opens his books for 2018 in September this year! 

Is is this true? 

Thank you all xxx

New bride

Same with us here...

New bride

I guess this is mostly a "bride" topic, but since mine is quite professionally busy at the moment, I am the one doing all the planning at this point.

So me and my wife-to-be are looking for a wedding abroad, beach-oriented, and Santorini was always in our radar. But we are not sure it will be the perfect match for us for several reasons. And if you could help us answer this questions, it could help us a lot to decide.

Basically our issues/questions are the followings:

1- We want it in June 2018 for several personal reasons. Too short time?

2-It is quite a private wedding. It will be us, our close family (parents and siblings) and maybe a couple more of really close friends or family, that will be ok with the distance. We are aiming at 10 to 20 guests. Maybe a too "small" wedding?

3- What could be the budget for something like that? symbolic cerimony (we will do the civil part here this year) and the reception/diner for us and the 10/20 guests?

4- We have a small cute and well behaved sharpei dog. And with all our close family coming with us..nobody to leave her with. So one of our concerns is  - IF we need to bring her..is it even possible?

Thank you in advance :)

Bridezilla

Hi Chris!

Welcome to the forum :)

1- We want it in June 2018 for several personal reasons. Too short time? - Possibly not, depending on a number of things like availability and if you can save enough by then! But if the venue you like has a date available i'd get booking soon to give your guests lots of notice :)

2-It is quite a private wedding. It will be us, our close family (parents and siblings) and maybe a couple more of really close friends or family, that will be ok with the distance. We are aiming at 10 to 20 guests. Maybe a too "small" wedding? - Certainly not too small, your wedding is what you want it to be, select your venue based on numbers, maybe look at Dana Villas and Thero Wave bar. there are of course lots of other venues out there but some do hold many more people. 

3- What could be the budget for something like that? symbolic ceremony (we will do the civil part here this year) and the reception/diner for us and the 10/20 guests? - I think around £3/4/5k maybe including the meal/drinks and venue hire. Dress etc not included. this is obviously totally dependent on which venue you choose and how much alcohol you include for guests. 

4- We have a small cute and well behaved sharpei dog. And with all our close family coming with us..nobody to leave her with. So one of our concerns is  - IF we need to bring her..is it even possible? - I would highly doubt it, I think you may struggle to find accommodation that would accept a dog and the difficulties of flying over I think would be hard. 

hope this helps a little.

Gill

Wedding addict

You got enough time to prepare a lovely wedding within your budget.Depending on which venue you choose you could have it within 3-5k .Good luck dear!!!

New bride

Hi ladies, I am getting married in le ciel on 22/7/18 and just came across this forum, how useful  ! I hope everyone is getting on ok with their plans. We have just booked flights and accommodation today so Im majorly excited.  We booked the el greco hotel as its just an 11 minute drive to the venue so i thought this would be ideal. how many guests have you all invited? Good luck to whos getting married over the next couple of months. hopefully you can update us on your day and how it goes. 

Im trying to source a make up artist and hair stylist but finding it really expensive compared to the uk and also the make up that i have seen so far isnt really like the way i would like it, it seems very basic for the prices. any advice would be good. 

xx

New bride

Eleanor42 wrote (see post):

Hi 

Hi! oh dear, this does sound like a complete headache. Have you got it sorted? We are due to have ceremony only on Sept 14th this year xx