Weddings abroad

Santorini 2018 Brides to Be

1 to 20 of 68 posts

Wedding addict

Hi all,

I understand there are a few Santorini forums out on here, I would like to see if anyone is getting married there next year and how you are all getting on with booking out specific things i.e photographers, florists, cakes etc. 

I feel like summer 2018 is so far away, and all the planning has been so overwhelming especially as we have booked our venue based on pictures and good words from friends and family who have been there. Very scary!

How are all the fellow Santorini 2018 brides getting on?x 

New bride

Hi Sarah

I am also getting married in Santorini next year in September, Planning has  been overwhelming, We are getting Married at Saint Irene Chapel and Pyrgos Resturant for our reception we having a sunset wedding.

Have you chosen a wedding planner to organise your big day?

We are using Nikos from Santorini weddings.net he's really professional and always fast at responding to any questions you have.

Kirsty :)

Wedding addict

Hi Kirsty,

The planning process has been crazy. I am using the Bridal Consultant who are based in the U.K but have an endless list of vendors etc in Santorini. This has taken most of the stress away.

We get married at Santo Winery in August next year. So excited but it feels so far away!

How are you getting on with the planning? 

I heard Santorini weddings are also good. A friend of mine got me in contact with her mutual friend who used Santorini Weddings, I think she mentioned Michael as her planner and she got married in Le Ciel. 

Sarah x

New bride

Hi Kristy,

I have used Marryme in Greece as my wedding planner in Santorini. I have been a follower to Marryme in Greece for a long time now and they do weddings in various locations including santo winery, venetsano winery and a lot more of locations in the island.  If you go into their facebook page you will see what they are doing . The name of the planner is Olympia Giannopoulou.

Good luck with your search 

New bride

Hi Sarah

I'm getting married in May 2018 at Le Ciel. Apart from organise the venue and the photographer, i haven't done any planning yet! Starting to think i best start getting a move on with it all - i think the next year will fly by!

I've never been to my venue either, although we are hoping to go for a week in September to check it out. :)

Hannah

Wedding addict

SantoriniBride2018 wrote (see post):

Hi Sarah

I'm getting married in May 2018 at Le Ciel. Apart from organise the venue and the photographer, i haven't done any planning yet! Starting to think i best start getting a move on with it all - i think the next year will fly by!

I've never been to my venue either, although we are hoping to go for a week in September to check it out. :)

Le Ciel is beautiful! My friends friend got married there last summer. It's all so exciting. Will you be having a videographer? First I was thinking no but everyone keeps telling us that it's a must so we don't regret it.

September is a perfect time to visit! I would love to visit before our big day.x 

Bridezilla

I'm not until June 2019 but also getting married at Le Ciel 😀 We go out there 2 weeks tomorrow to have a look at hotels, meet florist, musician, see venues (weve paid deposit but will still look elsewhere in case we change our minds when we see in person) we have a tasting at Le Ciel which I'm really excited about!! 

Im also going to be looking for a restaurant/bar where we can hold pre wedding drinks/meal but we won't be able to foot the bill for it. 

New bride

Hi Guys,

Sorry for crashing your post, message me and I will delete if not appropriate but I really need your help! I am a Level 3 student at the University of Wolverhampton that has left herself little time to actually collect results for my dissertation! It is about getting married abroad so I am looking for brides who have already done it or brides to be who have already booked or are looking to book! Therefore I really really really would be grateful if you could fill out the survey on the link below! It is completely anonymous so I would appreciate if you could be as honest as possible.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2XZXNKN

Thank you in advance! xx

Wedding addict

Hi brides to be in Santorini,

LeCiel is one of the top venue in Santorini so you made a great choice.

We are Wedding Stories Photography and Cinematography based in Santorini and if you still interesting for a photographer and videographer we can make you a great offer for 10 hours both services 1500 euro + free drone + free next day for photo and video. And this price inlcude already 24%vat.

If you want to check our style I attach here a link from our last wedding which took place in a new venue Venetsanos Winery this February (winter wedding) I attach all the photos that I sent to the bride in low quality and not only the best of them, so you will know exactly our style:

Here is the link:

https://we.tl/JykNqWBAgf

Also you can see some of our latest videography work in our vimeo page here:

https://vimeo.com/santoriniweddingvideo

If you want to ask anything our email is santoriniwed@gmail.com

With kind regards

Ben from Wedding Stories

New bride

Hi Hannah, 

I'm getting married at Le Ciel in May 2018 too!! How exciting! Which date do you get married? Ours is on Saturday the 5th May. :)

I'm using a wedding planner is uk to sort out the legals, logistics and the hotel but the rest i will be booking myself remotely. So it'll be great if you or any other lovely Satorini brides got any recommendations of the supplies for eg flowers, cake etc. :) so far i have the venue and hair& make up booked. 

Kat 

Bridezilla

Hi Katrin,

Congratulations!

Flower recommendations always seem to be Betty Flowers, or Fabio Zardi if you have a larger budget. 

For cake we have booked https://www.santorinibakery.com/ always had a good response and the cakes look good. 

xx

New bride

Hi Gill,

Thats great. Thank you! :)

Where abouts in Santorini are you getting married? 

Kat xx

Bridezilla

Hi Kat,

no problem! 

Weve chosen Dana Villas for the ceremony and pyrgos for our reception, xx

New bride

Hi all do you mind me asking why Le Ciel seems to be a hot favourite with so many brides to be ?? Obviously its beautiful : ) Any venue in Santorini is!!! With the hire of the venue and drinks and food packages it was very expensive in comparison to the other venues, so what is it in particular that swayed it for you ladies ?? Im thinking of booking GEM but not sure whether to hold the reception there or at Pyrgos restaurant !?

Wedding addict

Hi Kathryn83,

I really wanted to get married in Le Ciel, was a little too late in booking for next year as it's booked up till 2019!

I settled for Santo Wines, most venues in Santorini are breathtaking especially the ones over the calandra. As Santorini is one of the top destinations to get married I was told places get booked up quickly. Not sure how true this is. 

New bride

Yes I saw that Le Ciel was booked for 2018 summer I can see its beautiful and seems to be most popular at the moment. Santos wines is beautiful! I find myself swaying towards GEM at the moment. Im just trying to make a decision 🙈

Wedding addict

GEM is beautiful, if your budget can stretch it maybe visit Santorini to check the venue out? I understand most couples can not afford this. We couldn't so are instead trusting in reviews from trip advisor, friends who have been to Santorini and our wedding planner.

One thing which helped me decide was Trip advisor and a mutual friend who had visited Santorini. 

New bride

I probably could visit but theres a big part of me that wants to see it all for the first time when we are there to get married, crazy I know because you would go and view a venue in the UK first. I don't know anyone who has been so I'm just going by photos and reviews but they all seem to have good reviews. Omg don't talk to me about budget, I don't think you can have one in Santorini nothing comes cheap : /

Will you have the white pebbles on the floor Ive seen them the photos at Santos winery they look gorgeous. Do you mind me asking what time your ceremony is and where will you hold your reception?

Wedding addict

kathryn83 wrote (see post):

I probably could visit but theres a big part of me that wants to see it all for the first time when we are there to get married, crazy I know because you would go and view a venue in the UK first. I don't know anyone who has been so I'm just going by photos and reviews but they all seem to have good reviews. Omg don't talk to me about budget, I don't think you can have one in Santorini nothing comes cheap : /

Will you have the white pebbles on the floor Ive seen them the photos at Santos winery they look gorgeous. Do you mind me asking what time your ceremony is and where will you hold your reception?

Yea Santorini is one of the most expensive Greek island. Its all those postcard views. I'm not sure on the pebbles, I'm obsessed with candles and lanterns so may have those and the big pillars with flowers (not wanting to spend much on flowers).

Our wedding is at 5pm as was told if we had it earlier our guests would be too hot and may faint. August is the hottest month. It makes our wedding cheaper in terms of feeding guests. We will have our reception at oceandis estate. Both ceremony and reception are exclusive. 

We thought the exact same, being blown away by the scenery on our wedding week.