Weddings abroad

Gold-Weddings Santorini

101 to 120 of 150 posts

New bride

Thanks for your suggestion my friend! Still waiting  some other planners' quotes in order to decide! Wishing you a lovely wedding day!

New bride

Well I couldn't sort this out ,so I am flying to Santorini on Thursday to meet up with a couple of  wedding planners .Alexandra  from Gold-Weddings and Poema team.Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to tell you about my experience with both.

Wedding addict

How lucky you are flying there! Keep the community updated, as it is very important for brides2be.

New bride

Hey! How are you all?

I had a meeting with Alexandra and Poema team  while in Santorini ,as I told you before.

We wanted to book Gold Weddings for our wedding(they were reallly helpful,giving us many options on venue and decor) but unfortunately they were not available for our requested date,

That way we booked Poema although they seem to be more expensive and am not that excited...

New bride

I only met these two while in Santorini so now don't know what to do! Really liked Alexandra  as she was very helpful and kind ,while Poema were more snobbish considering themselves the best. 

New bride

Hi, 

I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for wedding planners. I had been in contact with Anna last year but we put wedding plans on hold. We really love Dana Villas but when I contacted her again recently she advised she no longer works with Dana. I really loved how helpful and cost effective Anna was so would be looking for someone similar. 

Thanks 

New bride

I can recommend you The Seven Agency wedding planner. They organized our wedding and honeymoon in Bali. Everything was pretty cool. They are working in Santorini too, you can try to contact them (https://7.agency/). Hope they can help you.

Bridezilla

ruby11 wrote (see post):

Well I couldn't sort this out ,so I am flying to Santorini on Thursday to meet up with a couple of  wedding planners .Alexandra  from Gold-Weddings and Poema team.Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to tell you about my experience with both.

What was Alexandra's fee? Will be useful for other brides stumbling across this thread to know, I'm sure . 

New bride

Really sorry to crash your post but I am desperately seeking responses for my dissertation about weddings abroad. If anyone could spare less than 5 minutes to complete it I would be very grateful!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2XZXNKN

Thanks in advance xx

Wedding addict

She tailored a package for us .

New bride

I am planning my weeding too in Santorini and I was there some times for vacation. But now as the time of the wedding is near I don't sleep well and always I am dreaming about a wedding-disaster!

I finally decided to check what can it be the meaning of wedding in dreams http://www.moj-sen.biz/sennik/sen-o-weselu.html and it seems that everything is ok and I just overthink about it and get stressed.

Bridezilla

nicole18 wrote (see post):

She tailored a package for us .

I didn't ask you, but what a familiar phrase that is in this thread!

New bride

Ambam19 wrote (see post):

Hi Ruby, why not go with a different planner if you are not happy? There are lots to choose from 

Have you already booked someone? Am so disappointed with my choice and about to change either date or planner....I email them(my recent planners) and get no replies on the day so that makes me feel really insecure.

Bridezilla

It's like this thread is on a loop. Someone asks which planner to use, we make suggestions then get shot down in flames. Then low and behold someone says how amazing Gold weddings are..... 

New bride

Oh there are so many threads like these in the forums....some recommending very "cheap" wedding planning services in Santorini,some others recommending specific suppliers(photographers,etc)

We live in democracy here ,anyone could recommend any supplier they want freely I guess!

I was worried at first but while in Santorini I met Alexandra and changed my mind.

Wedding addict

Hi there! When are you getting married?Have you started sorting things out for your wedding?Are you having many guests?

New bride

August 25th next year!I have had my dress sorted ,although it's a bit early..but it was love at first sight.I am undecided on wedding cake  as I like both Manos and Petranart..I definitely want fireworks during our first dance but am not that into fountain fireworks.I prefer sky fireworks..My sister is  bringing  wedding favors for all our guests as well as bubbles for kids.

Wedding addict

I prefer sky fireworks too,but my wedding was early in the afternoon so we couldn't have them..What colour/theme are you going for?

New bride

We decided to elope and have a destination wedding in Santorini only 2 weeks ago!We communicated with several planner but only Alexandra from Gold got back to us right away.She was very helpful,and made our suite balcony the perfect location for our ceremony and reception dinner.Their price was normal as it wasn't necessary to spend a fortune on decoration or flowers.We didn't mind paying more on photographer as we wanted these moments to be captured for ever...It was a wonderful wedding and glad we chose to get married to this beautiful island!