Wedding fashion

Which style of shoe should I get??

1 to 9 of 9 posts

New bride

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me.  I am not sure which style of shoe would best go with my dress?  I am getting married outside and don't do heels well so i was hoping a flat shoe or a wedge would work but I am not sure. 

My dress is Lori by Rosa Clara.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Bridezilla

What a beautiful dress <3

I think that any shoe will be fine as they don't get seen very much. I think the best thing is to wear something that you like and is comfortable x

Bridezilla

Something like this may be nice with your dress:

They have a block heel so they’d be easy to walk in although they are a little high.

Bridezilla

I'd go for something quite plain and elegant with closed toes under that skirt - white satin/fabric that you could dye a different colour later.

Rainbow Club do a range of flat/low heel shoes, and there's usually bargains to be had from John Lewis and other big department stores

New bride

Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Something like this may be nice with your dress:

They have a block heel so they’d be easy to walk in although they are a little high.

I agree, I think a wedge wouldn't quite fit but a classy block heel would give you probably the same support as a wedge

Bridezilla

how is an 4.5inch heel even remotely suitable for someone who doesn't do heels well  and will be walking around outdoors? 

I tend to live in flat shoes and my limit for heels I can actually walk happily in for any length of time is 2.5 -3 inches. I don't think the wedding day is the right moment to test the limits, and block heel or not, you could fall over or twist an ankle in those bad boys if you're not used to them.

New bride

Thank you for all your advice! I think the block heels are maybe slightly too high for me but I've had a look at Rainbow Club and think something in that range might work.

Thank you!

Bridezilla

Ali, OP asked which style of shoe might work, and that is exactly what I gave. If you look at my post I was referring to the syle of the shoe. I did say myself that they are high, and I’m sure there will be a similar style with a smaller heel that would be more suitable. I just wasn’t going to spend ages looking for them. 

Wedding addict

Ali S 71 wrote (see post):

how is an 4.5inch heel even remotely suitable for someone who doesn't do heels well  and will be walking around outdoors? 

I tend to live in flat shoes and my limit for heels I can actually walk happily in for any length of time is 2.5 -3 inches. I don't think the wedding day is the right moment to test the limits, and block heel or not, you could fall over or twist an ankle in those bad boys if you're not used to them.

No is forcing her to buy that exact shoe, it's just an example of a style to give her some ideas - it's a popular style and can easily be found in ~2 inch height should she choose that!