Wedding fashion

Veil help

1 to 19 of 19 posts

New bride

Hey everyone,

So I’m continuing to overanalyse every single decision I’m making during this wedding planning process and so my next dilemma is I now can’t decide on what colour veil to get. My dress is “Off white” although the lady in the Bridal shop said it is ivory, it’s just that the designer calls this “off white“.

She also said that the first veil (white) appears “too white” on my dress which has thrown me but then I feel that the 2nd pic (ivory) almost appears too yellow against my dress. She said it could be due to it being worn a bit?

I have decided to try and get a veil online as opposed to in the shop as they are going for a fraction of the price online. 

But my question is do I go White or Ivory?

Thanks in advance x

New bride

🙈 Now reading this back I am being so over analytical. I can’t be the only bride going crazy over the tiniest of details?! X

New bride

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

Sometimes you can get a light ivory ..... would that work

Thanks. I haven’t seen this as an option. I will have a look out. x

Bridezilla

It‘s hard to tell from the photos as I think both look fine. As someone else suggested, light ivory might work. It’s also worth mentioning that most brides only wear a veil for the ceromony so I don’t think you need to agonise over the decision. 

Bridezilla

I think the first veil goes better with your dress. I agree the second one looks yellowed. 

I can' decide on a style of veil. My dress is all lace and I don't know if I should go for plain veils or one with abi5 of detail x

Bridezilla

To my untrained eye your dress looks white rather than ivory. 

Maybe buy a few from Amazon, there are lots with good reviews and no hassle to return if no good 

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

I would say the first veil is a better colour match - the ivory looks too yellowy against your dress.

I had an ivory dress and my veil was definitely more white - but I literally didn't notice. I only wore it for about an hour anyway :) x

New bride

Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

I think the first veil goes better with your dress. I agree the second one looks yellowed. 

I can' decide on a style of veil. My dress is all lace and I don't know if I should go for plain veils or one with abi5 of detail x

Thank you! I think so too!

Personally I like a veil that contrast the dress. So for mine I’m going for a lace trim as I have lace at the top of the dress but none at the bottom so I think a plain one may be nice, maybe with some sparkles on? Depending if you like that sort of thing? X

Bridezilla

I think the first one looks like it matches your dress better. 

I've seen recommendations on here for online sellers that will send samples of the material to check colour match - I can't remember the specifics but if you do a search for posts about veils I'm sure you'd find some helpful tips.

Bridezilla

I agree, first one matches the dress better! :)

Bridezilla

MrsKsoontobe wrote (see post):
Mrs2018 wrote (see post):

Thank you! I think so too!

Personally I like a veil that contrast the dress. So for mine I’m going for a lace trim as I have lace at the top of the dress but none at the bottom so I think a plain one may be nice, maybe with some sparkles on? Depending if you like that sort of thing? X

Your dress looks pure white to me tbh I really like that veil with it. It looks stunning! 

I looked at sparkly ones but I can' find any I like within budget so I think I'll probably go with a plain one maybe with a ribbon edge :) 

Good luck making a decision, it's so hard!

Wedding addict

I think both go but the first one is slightly better. I think its the lace trim at the bottom of the second which is making it more yellowy looking as I guess the fabric is denser there so you notice it more! x

New bride

I'm going to be controversial here but I think both look quite yellow. Especially the lace. 

The veil I'm selling is antique white. It might be worth a look online for one in that colourway.

Good luck x

New bride

Thank you all. I will have a look at trying to get some samples and will definitely be on the look out for antique white and light ivory.

Thanks! x

Bridezilla

I think the first looks best. I got my veil from Blossom and bluebird. They have a variety of materials and colours so I suggest contacting her (the prices are pretty good too) and getting some samples to take in and hold against your dress. The shop shouldn't have a problem with this even if you aren't getting a veil from them. 

New bride

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

I think the first looks best. I got my veil from Blossom and bluebird. They have a variety of materials and colours so I suggest contacting her (the prices are pretty good too) and getting some samples to take in and hold against your dress. The shop shouldn't have a problem with this even if you aren't getting a veil from them. 

Thanks for this! Will check them out. X

New bride

I also think the first one looks like a better match, could be the lighting in the photo but I think it looks virtually the same colour as the dress.

New bride

Yes I was going to recommend Blossom and Bluebird too - Sian can send samples of the different tulles and you can match it up to perfection. She is a pleasure to deal with. I'm so excited to wear my veil.