Wedding fashion

Plus size brides :) show me your dresses

1 to 20 of 31 posts

New bride

I'm a plus size bride....size 20/22 but really do not feel it in this dress. I feel smaller. What dresses are you all wearing? Mine is angelico by callista.  

Bridezilla

Kerry160 - such a lovely dress and you look great in it... will you be wearing a veil?

I don't have a pic of mine yet - trying it on this Friday with my mother seeing it for the first time (I get married in December)

I remember the first time I put mine on, I instantly felt beautiful and slim :)

Kel

New bride

Kelly241 
I get married on December 2nd so not long to go. I don't have a veil as I'm having a long hooded faux fur winter cloak. 

New bride

Thank you :-)

Wedding addict

I've recently got married size 16/18 and this was mine

Wedding addict

You all look great :)

Here is mine - only sample one though, ordered in size 18.

New bride

Stunning ladies

Wedding addict

Beautiful dresses ladies!

When they measured me for the dress my measurements came from a 12-14 round my top half, to a 18 round my bottom half 

I've got 9 months to lose at least 2 stone (6.5 stone lost already), so I'm hoping my dress will need taking in by the time it arrives, but I ordered the size that fits me now - which is an 18.

Wedding addict

MissGx wrote (see post):

When they measured me for the dress my measurements came from a 12-14 round my top half, to a 18 round my bottom half 

I've got 9 months to lose at least 2 stone (6.5 stone lost already), so I'm hoping my dress will need taking in by the time it arrives, but I ordered the size that fits me now - which is an 18.

You look beautiful!! Lovely shape and figure, and lovely dress.

I had similar issue (see my dress above). I am size 14/16 in shops but ordered in size 18 for my dress. I want to lose 2 stone before my wedding next August, but least if I totally fail the dress will fit me still. Better to be taken in than out!

Bridezilla

This is my dress. I'm ordered a size 18 but my dress is now too big. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

So many beautiful women in beautiful dresses :)

Kel

Wedding addict

Winslet86 - Thank you so much! I've worried it's too tight around my stomach and that I've got a bit of a belly so should have got a dress that hid it better. But I know my OH would love the more fitted look so I went with it.

Your dress is stunning, and you look so much smaller than an 18 in it. Very flattering on you!
To be fair all posters look smaller than the dress size (I know bridal sizes usually run larger than high street). The original poster looks so much smaller than a 20/22. 

I'm the same as you, I'm a 14 (sometimes 16 depending on the shop) on the high street, but I'm wearing an 18 in the photos. It was a bit big in places which they pinned, but fit me nice in other areas so I thought it was best to order that size for exactly the same reason you did :) How you planning to lose the 2 stone? x

Wedding addict

You look beautiful FutureMrsThomas!

Wedding addict

MissGx Oh no it isn't too tight, you don't look like you have a belly at all in it! Like you say if your OH would love it, then that's what is important as well. As long as you feel comfortable.

Thank you for your kind words, i'm looking forward to seeing how it looks once fitted properly as the top part is too big. 

I have lost 2 stone doing slimming world in the past, and maintained the same weight since I lost that, I just have the extra 2 stone to go! I get really frustrated as I exercise and eat healthily, but the weight doesn't seem to budge. I know that drinking has a lot to do with it, so I am cutting down on the booze and going to re-join slimming world after my b'day in October. I am also thinking of signing up for the Moonwalk, which is a walking marathon thing, just so I have motivation to train and it will help weight loss. How about you? What has worked for you? 6 and a half stone is an amazing achievement well done.

Bridezilla

Wow girls you all look amazing! That cape is so dramatic I love it!!!

Wedding addict

Winslet86MissGx wrote (see post):

MissGx Oh no it isn't too tight, you don't look like you have a belly at all in it! Like you say if your OH would love it, then that's what is important as well. As long as you feel comfortable.

Thank you for your kind words, i'm looking forward to seeing how it looks once fitted properly as the top part is too big. 

I have lost 2 stone doing slimming world in the past, and maintained the same weight since I lost that, I just have the extra 2 stone to go! I get really frustrated as I exercise and eat healthily, but the weight doesn't seem to budge. I know that drinking has a lot to do with it, so I am cutting down on the booze and going to re-join slimming world after my b'day in October. I am also thinking of signing up for the Moonwalk, which is a walking marathon thing, just so I have motivation to train and it will help weight loss. How about you? What has worked for you? 6 and a half stone is an amazing achievement well done.

Aww thank you for the kind words. Well done on your weight loss too! It's not easy. It might well be drink because I only have to sniff an alcoholic drink and I always maintain even if my meals have been 100%. I've done it using Slimming World too! And my birthday is also in October! Are you my secret twin or something? haha! I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week. The moonwalk sounds like a great idea, definitely help motivate you :)

Wedding addict

Kerry160 wrote (see post):

Wow! Now that is something else! Perfect for a winter wedding x

Wedding addict

MissGxMissGx wrote (see post):
Winslet86MissGx wrote (see post):

Aww thank you for the kind words. Well done on your weight loss too! It's not easy. It might well be drink because I only have to sniff an alcoholic drink and I always maintain even if my meals have been 100%. I've done it using Slimming World too! And my birthday is also in October! Are you my secret twin or something? haha! I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week. The moonwalk sounds like a great idea, definitely help motivate you :)

Haha you are my twin! My b'day is October 11th and I am turning 31. It has been a while since I re-joined slimming world so that has motivated me to get back to it after you said that. You are right about the alcohol, it is always the downfall. Hard to find a life balance sometimes though, this year has been tough as I have had 7 weddings and 4 hen do's and lots on at weekends. I just need to get tough with myself haha. I have given up alcohol for 4 weeks, and on day 18 at the moment and actually been really refreshing.