Wedding fashion

Mix and match bridesmaids dress recommendations?

1 to 10 of 10 posts

New bride

Hi,

Can anyone recommend anywhere that does mis-matched bridesmaids dresses in the same colour/material but different dresses? 

My 4 girls are all quite different heights and sizes so I would like them all to be able to pick a style that suits them, but still all in the same colour.

I have looked at Dessy dresses and they are gorgeous, I really like the "mist" colour that they do  (we are going for pale blue for our colours with peach and white flowers, so it is perfect) but they're so expensive! All the bridal shops I've contacted are quoting between £200- £250 per dress and as much as I love them I just can't justify spending that... 

I've looked online at some retailers like Mix Bridal and For Her & For Him but the colours seem quite bright whereas I'm wanting more of a pastel shade of blue and I'm also a bit dubious about ordering online without trying them on... 😕 Has anyone tried them at all? 

Can anyone recommend anywhere that does dresses similar to this but a bit cheaper?? 

Any advice would be great!! 

Thanks 

Rach xx

New bride

Asos! I got mine off there and they’re great. All of the dresses are the same colour and material but different cuts, plus ASOS have their tall, curve and petite ranges which were a life saver. 

New bride

Hi Rach,

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you! I also adore the dessy mist colour, but they're just so expensive. But having the same problem - I want a light blue/greyish colour and that just doesn't seem to be in the shops at the moment.

Let me know if you find anything suitable and I'll do the same :)

Jenna x

Wedding addict

Hie.Try little mistress,Jarlo or Chichi London.

Bridezilla

Ooh I’m after the same colour! Have seen a gorgeous dress on ASOS - only £85 (which helps when I’m having six bridesmaids) and a little sparkle to the top part. BUT they’re backless and you wouldn’t be able to wear a bra which is just a no no with my girls, five of whom are a D+ up top! I was thinking of those all in bodices that have a really low back but not sure I can really force them in to uncomfy awkward undies on what will likely be a hot day just because I love the dress....

New bride

I think Debenhams has a similar multiway dress! Also ASOS is great for wide range of sizes and styles and super easy returns.

Bridezilla

Marks and Spencer do several styles of bridesmaid dresses in the same colours, as do Monsoon. Little Mistress and Chi Chi are worth a look too.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

Ooh I’m after the same colour! Have seen a gorgeous dress on ASOS - only £85 (which helps when I’m having six bridesmaids) and a little sparkle to the top part. BUT they’re backless and you wouldn’t be able to wear a bra which is just a no no with my girls, five of whom are a D+ up top! I was thinking of those all in bodices that have a really low back but not sure I can really force them in to uncomfy awkward undies on what will likely be a hot day just because I love the dress....

My sister is wearing this dress to my wedding. 

Bridezilla

redhair82 wrote (see post):
Ashley72 wrote (see post):

My sister is wearing this dress to my wedding. 

Is it as lovely in real life!? And what has she done about wearing a bra? I really want to order it for my BMs wondering if I can have it altered to have a panel in the back concealing a bra?

Thanks