Wedding fashion

Keep wanting to everyone my dress!

1 to 6 of 6 posts

Bridezilla

I just showed everyone! My fiance actually went with me to order choose my dress.

The only reason to not show people your dress is if you don't want to. If  you want to then there's no reason not to!

Bridezilla

Ive shown a few people pics of mine, but stopped when I got a lukewarm response from some. Most people were like “oh wow” and full of lovely things to say about it, but a couple just went “oh yeah” 😂 I’m telling myself that iPhone pictures don’t always do it justice, so I’m saving it now for the day! 

Bridezilla

Beth78 wrote (see post):

I want to surprise my fiancé on the day, but I also want to show him 😂 it’s such an internal struggle haha!

Same haha if a wedding dress comes on tv I ask what he thinks about it while mentally comparing it to my dress to see what he likes and doesnt like haha Unfortunately this tactic has told me that my dress is not the sort the H2B likes haha oh well, im hoping he wont care on the day lol

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

My H2B is sooo good at picking out clothes for me - he is the ultimate shopping buddy 😂 so I've kinda got used to his opinion. I took his mum dress shopping and she helped me choose so hopefully they both have the same taste in clothes! Lol I have said to him that he won't like the dress so that a) if he hates it, I warned him and he won't be disappointed lol or b) because he was expecting something hideous and he finds it's not, he will love it even more so....Well that's what I'm hoping anyway 🤣

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post)

Same haha if a wedding dress comes on tv I ask what he thinks about it while mentally comparing it to my dress to see what he likes and doesnt like haha Unfortunately this tactic has told me that my dress is not the sort the H2B likes haha oh well, im hoping he wont care on the day lol

My H2B has also given me opinions on the dresses he likes and I’m not sure if the one I've chosen is to his tastes. When we’ve looked at dresses togther (as in on tv etc.) he tends to like a princess cut (which mine is) but he likes more classic styling - very simple and plain. My dress has a little more ‘wow’ and lots going on, so I hope he doesn’t hate it! I have toyed with the idea of showing him just so I can be prepared on the day if he doesn’t like it, but I think it’d be worse knowing?! 

I met a someone a while ago that took her fiancé dress shopping with her and he helped her choose her dress. Each to their own I suppose! But the only people that have seen my dress so far are my mum, dad and sister. I’ve shown a couple of my mums friends who were interested (but they aren’t coming to the wedding so it doesn’t matter).