Wedding fashion

Jade Gowns - Anyone bought from there?

1 to 10 of 10 posts

New bride

Hiya B2bs..

My mum has been looking on the net for wedding dresses for me, and she has come across a site called Jadegowns.co.uk

Has anyone ever ordered off there and if so what were the quality of the dresses like?

I have seen the perfect dress for my greek wedding, and it is is VERY reasonably priced!! But I don't want to take a gamble with it..

Would be grateful for any feedback anyone may have xxxxxxx

Bridezilla

I'd avoid like the plague - the website looks good, but that's easy enough to fake. Digging deeper, they seem to be China based, and so many people that order cheap Chinese gowns end up very disappointed. The promised customer service never materialises, the fabrics and finishes used are not as described, and the dresses often don't look anything like they were expected to. 

There are a few specific things that ring warning bells for me.

1) The pictures under the wedding dress section are all stock photos of real dresses from real designers. If you do a google search for the images, you'll fine the real dresses easily enough. Jade Gowns will be making copies, so we definitely can't guarantee getting a dress that looks anything like the picture.

2) This website scan suggests that it's all very dubious: http://www.scamadviser.com/is-jadegowns.co.uk-safe.html

3) These reviews are pretty much typical of a dodgy manufacturer. All the good ones are written in poor English, or sound like the writer didn't have English as their first language. It's probably employees of the company trying to persuade people that it's safe to order. Meanwhile, bad ones are the ones that sound like they are actually genuine. https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/jadegowns.co.uk

Of course, they may be absolutely fine and you could get an absolute bargain. Only you can know if it's worth the risk. But to give you an idea of just how wrong it could go, take a look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2909093/Angry-brides-share-bridal-gown-horror-stories.html

New bride

Thank you MrsJC,

I will avoid it.. I did buy my Maid of Honors dress off ebay and has come from China and the quality is gorgeous, but theres a big difference between chancing £30 and £140..

Thank you for your help

New bride

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY OWE ME 300 POUNDS I RETURNED DRESSES WITHIN THREE DAYS TWO MNTHS AGO THEY WILL NOT REFUND ME OR SEND ME ANY REPLACEMENT DRESSES 

IT TOOK THE MONTH TO REPLY TO MY  EMAILS 

THEY HAVE  REFUSED TO REFUND AND NOW WILL NOT ANSWER  MY  EMAILS 

Wedding addict

Same as above. I sometimes order going out dresses from these places because they can be great. But I wouldn't risk that kind of money. Not unless you can afford to buy here if it goes wrong.

New bride

Please don't buy a dress from Jadesgowns. They are false advertising.

I ordered a dress and it took 7 weeks to arrive and when it did it was the wrong colour the wrong size and looked very cheap.

The shoulder strap wouldn't stay on my shoulder and the embellishments such as sequins and beads looks cheap.

I was upset so I contacted the company and they wouldnt refund!!! And then told me to take the strap off  myself so basically they advised me to cut a 100 pound dress.

They are a company that are selling cheap looking dresses for alot of money 

I just want to advise anyone who is considering buying one please don't you deserve a dress worth the money you pay for it...you won't get the dress you want from Jadesgowns 

Thankyou 

New bride

Don't do it.  Paid £100 after spotting a lovely prom dress on this web site.  Ordered a size 10.  What arrived could only be described as a piece of rag not fit to be called a piece of rag!  Still trying to contact them to get money back. Parts of it may have been size 10, other parts ranged from size 6 to size 14!

Wedding addict

Jennifer69 wrote (see post):

Thank you MrsJC,

I will avoid it.. I did buy my Maid of Honors dress off ebay and has come from China and the quality is gorgeous, but theres a big difference between chancing £30 and £140..

Thank you for your help

Can you tell me user name you used on eBay as I've been looking but not sure which ones are any good.

if you don't mind that is๐Ÿ˜€

New bride

AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!
Paid £135 for a dress for my sons wedding. It arrived In time I will give them that but absolutely shocked!! Nothing as in the picture. Wrong Colour arrived. I ordered silver and received lilac. Incorrect sizing I ordered a UK 18 the bust was 34” !!! Couldn’t even get my arms into the sleeves. Shocking workmanship the hem didn’t even join up at the seams the lace was sewn up inside too. Reported to Trading Standards they do not have jurisdiction to be able to intervene. They are using designer photos to advertise the dresses but they are made not even close to it .........and the workmanship/quality is atrocious. I have now contacted all the Designers like Ronald Joyce etc as per my conversation with Trading Standards because it is a copyright issue and the designer can then take it forward. 
I will not see my £135 back but I have learned a huge lesson if the website does not have an address etc although it looks legit it’s probably a scam.