Wedding fashion

Dress accessory help!!!

1 to 19 of 19 posts

New bride

Hi everyone!! 

So im getting married in July to the love of my life in an elopement style wedding. Its just going to me and him and our whiteness In a beautiful country house in Cornwall. 

ive got my dress but I’m a little stuck on the accessories. Im looking for some sort of belt but wanted some advice on what kind to get. in the pictures I’m wearing a plain black belt just see what it looks like with one and also because the waist is a bit big (I’ve ordered a smaller size). The options I’m thinking are a simple satin ribbon, a thin simple pearl and rihenstone belt, or a ribbon with a sparkly appliqué. I want to keep it vintage and simple but to add an extra something to the dress. 

i think I’m going to wear simple pearl earrings, and not sure about a necklace. 

i have no idea if I want a viel or not! im not sure if it will look right with the short dress. 

any advice, pictures or links at all will be much appreciate!! 

Bridezilla

You look great in this dress! I think the belt really pulls it together more so I'd go for a thin coloured ribbon belt. 

I'd also opt out of the necklace due to the neck line of your dress. Maybe have a pearl bracelet instead? 

What about a birdcage fascinator instead of a veil? 

Bridezilla

Is that the Chi Chi April dress? I'm wearing it in Navy as a bridesmaid this year.

We have navy pointed toe court shoes, sparkly earrings, and an alice band.

The belt really pulls it together, so I would do thin ribbon belt with a bit of sparkle, amazing shoes, sparkly earrings and then either a birdcage veil or an amazing sparkly hairpiece. I don't think I'd wear a necklace with that neckline.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

Thank you!

It's from Chichi it's the flora dress in white. I tried on some more expensive dresses but I kept coming back to this one. I love it.

I'm not sure I'd go with a birdcage veil as thats not something I see myself in. Maybe I'll try one and see how I like it. I am also having a flower comb in the back of my hair which I forgot to mention. If i had a veil I would put it underneath the comb. 

I'm thinking of something like this maybe for the belt with it tied in a bow at the back. what do you think?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/481970083/bridal-sash-belt-bridal-pearl?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Bridezilla

That belt is beautiful!

I must admit, one of the reasons I decided against a tea length dress is that I want a proper veil, not a birdcage!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

There's no rule that you have to wear a birdcage veil with a shorter dress. I've seen just as many brides in short gowns wear veils that hit at the shoulder, and even a few that matched the length of the dress. You could also wear flowers in your hair in a variety of different arrangements (flower crown, flower cap, floral vine, flowers in a bun, 3D paper flowers, etc.).  Or you could wear a hair slide or a small tiara.  You have lots of options!

I wouldn't go with the little pearl belt.  It's precious, but would likely be completely unnoticeable. I would definitely stick with a wider satin ribbon in a colour if you go with a belt.  The contract is lovely. The black is very elegant if you decide to stick with that colour.  Or you could play it up and go with a pop of colour like bright pink or red (and maybe shoes to match).  

Bridezilla

I love your dress, also love the shoes you have on In the pictures, not so keen on the plain belt think something sparkly / more ornate would look better. Good luck for your wedding.

Wedding addict

I absolutely love the dress, you look stunning. I really like it with the simple black belt, however how about a belt to match your colour scheme?

Wedding addict

I’d go for a lovely thin red belt. You could even have a coloured peti coat 

Bridezilla

The belt is lovely but I don't think it would have the same effect as the black one does

Bridezilla

What about a coloured belt with some bling? Wed2Be do a few in different colours. https://www.wed2b.co.uk/celestine-2776

I love tea length dresses but not personally a fan of tbe whole coloured petticoat look, each to their own though.

New bride

Thanks everyone!!! 

ive Just ordered some ivory satin to make a belt with, I’ll put a picture up once it comes :) 

New bride

Your dress looks lovely, and it looks great on you! 

I think that ivory satin will fit in perfectly. Keep us posted. 

New bride

Here are two options that I have. 1 is a Ivory satin ribbon that will be tied in a bow at the back.

the second is a thin fabric belt I had made, with buttons at the back.

Wedding addict

Personally I prefer the thin fabric belt

New bride

Michelle330 wrote (see post):

Personally I prefer the thin fabric belt

Me too! Only thing is I will have to get it sewn on as it moves a little 

Bridezilla

I prefer the thin belt aswell. I'm having a belt removed and a new one sewn on for £15 so it's not expensive to have added to your dress :)

New bride

Hello, 

Dress is absolutely beautiful!!!! Can I ask where your shoes are from they are exactly what I am looking for. 

x

New bride

Kelly138 wrote (see post):

Hello, 

Dress is absolutely beautiful!!!! Can I ask where your shoes are from they are exactly what I am looking for. 

x

They are pink paradox perfume shoes. They're so lovely and really comfy. if you happen to have wide feet like me then I'd get a bigger size xx