Wedding fashion

Dont think i like my dress anymore!

1 to 9 of 9 posts

New bride

I bought my dress back in June. I get married in June 2019 and I'm worried I don't like my dress.

I seen a picture of it on someone else and absolutely HATED it! although I loved it in the shop.

I've lost a bit of weight and I'm worried its just going to make me look frumpy!

Has anyone here returned a dress? It was a sample dress so not sure what the policies are there?

I've had it hanging in my wardrobe since I bought it!

Wedding addict

If you don't mind - why don't you share with us your dress? 

I was in a similar situation, I lost a bit of weight so it would need a lot of alterations! But I still love the dress and I am trying to sell my old dress on ebay!

I got both dresses from two different sample sales!

New bride

Cupcakes2019 wrote (see post):

I was in a similar situation, I lost a bit of weight so it would need a lot of alterations! But I still love the dress and I am trying to sell my old dress on ebay!

I don't have a picture of me in the dress unfortunately. even though it was sample.. i still spent £900 after adding an underskirt, a wee belt & dry cleaning!

would shops ever take a sample dress back?

Bridezilla

To my knowledge sample sales are final. You could try and sell it on stillwhite or eBay or similar?

Bridezilla

Why don't you try the dress on, take a picture (or get somebody else to) and show us? Partly because I'm nosey but partly because we'll be able to give you better advice/opinions. 

It might just be that it needs alterations and would look beautiful when it fits you properly. Did you absolutely love it when you bought it or were you just overwhelmed and got it because it was a good price and you liked it?

Wedding addict

Lisa461 wrote (see post):
Cupcakes2019 wrote (see post):

I don't have a picture of me in the dress unfortunately. even though it was sample.. i still spent £900 after adding an underskirt, a wee belt & dry cleaning!

would shops ever take a sample dress back?

I am not surprised! Some sample dresses were beyond the £1.5k mark. Sample sales are always non-refundable / exchangeable. I would try to sell the dress on stillwhite / ebay, as well as Gumtree and Shpock.  

It's a shame you fell out of love - maybe try the dress on again in a few weeks and see how you feel?

New bride

MrsRendall2B wrote (see post):

Why don't you try the dress on, take a picture (or get somebody else to) and show us? Partly because I'm nosey but partly because we'll be able to give you better advice/opinions. 

It might just be that it needs alterations and would look beautiful when it fits you properly. Did you absolutely love it when you bought it or were you just overwhelmed and got it because it was a good price and you liked it?

I think i'll do that.. its literally just the skirt part I don't think I like the shape anymore. but love the top. it could probably be altered to suit me a bit better. i'll get a picture when I can and post for your nosey self haha!

New bride

Sorry about your predicament!!

Have you got the veil and shoes? Do a little practice run. Maybe if you glam yourself up, stick the veil and shoes on it might change your view of the dress. 

Also just because the dress didn’t look good on someone else doesn’t mean it won’t look fabulous on you!!

Also bear in mind it can take upto 8 months for dresses to come in from when they’re ordered so if you want to look for something else you will have to start shopping soon.

Good luck :-) 

Bridezilla

Lisa461 wrote (see post):
MrsRendall2B wrote (see post):

I think i'll do that.. its literally just the skirt part I don't think I like the shape anymore. but love the top. it could probably be altered to suit me a bit better. i'll get a picture when I can and post for your nosey self haha!

Could it be that you don't like the underskirt you had put in? I think sometimes making alterations like that to a dress can make it look like it's not sitting right.