Wedding fashion

Deciding how you want to look

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Bridezilla

How did everyone decide how they want to look on their wedding day? 

I’ve found 2 amazing dresses that I love but the styles are different. The shapes are similar and they’re both lace but one is what i’d say is more classic and the other more modern. 

So it depends on how I want myself to look I guess!! 

https://www.sanpatrick.com/wedding-dresses/haim-V-neck.html

https://www.essensedesigns.com/martina-liana/wedding-dresses/936/

The first one i‘d Want to change the straps so theyre much slimmer and same around the back as the 2nd so more of a scoop.

Personally I think both looked much better on too!

X

Bridezilla

Oh wow, I love the first one! I think it would suit a Santorini wedding too :).

The best way to decide is to try them on, then once you've found your dress, the rest of your look will fall into place x

Bridezilla

I have tried them on - that’s the problem as I loved both but they have a different look to them. And trying to decide what look I’m going for is the hard bit! 

Do I want to be more traditional and go for the 1st one or do I want it to suit my personality a bit more and go for the 2nd?! 

Was only my first appointment though so there may be others out there!

Bridezilla

Ambam19 wrote (see post):

I have tried them on - that’s the problem as I loved both but they have a different look to them. And trying to decide what look I’m going for is the hard bit! 

Do I want to be more traditional and go for the 1st one or do I want it to suit my personality a bit more and go for the 2nd?! 

Was only my first appointment though so there may be others out there!

Ohh I see your dilemma now! I think if it’s a choice between tradition and what suits your personality then the 2nd one is the right one to go for.

Trying on a few more dresses for comparison will help you  decide too. 

I liked traditional a-line dresses when I was hunting but in the end I went for a fitted dress because it suited my style more and felt like ’me’. Whereas with the others I felt a bit like I was playing dress up x

Bridezilla

It sounds as though you are more comfortable with the second so I'd go with that. X

Bridezilla

I had this issue!!! I loved multiple wedding 'looks' I loved. I had always wanted to marry abroad so had wanted light and airy, simple, flowy, wildflowers etc very boho.

However that plan was nixed by my H2Bs family dynamics. The angers us going abroad would cause was not worth it and he really wanted a church wedding. He also wanted to wear traditional top hat and tails.

So, I now have a rather traditional wedding, very 'English' haha my look now is also traditional. I still wanted that boho and flowy dress but when I tried to see me in that style stood next to him in top and tails in a church during a winter/Christmas wedding it just didn't make sense. 

I still think if we ever renew our vows it will be done my way, on a beach haha 

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

They're both lovely but I prefer the second one, it's more distinctive. If you feel it suits your style and personality more, I think that might be your answer!

Bridezilla

Go with your personality!!

I chose my wedding look before the venue because I wanted to make sure I'm staying true to myself! It's a whole lot of drama haha gigantic floral crown, cathedral veil with lots of lace and I'm gonna sew on some organza flowers for a 3d effect. My dress is a fishtail organza dress with a lace crop top over the top - high neck and short t-shirt sleeves. I'm also wearing fluffy pink marabou sandals to match my long wavy pastel pink hair! 

Absolutely just be you!

Bridezilla

Thanks everyone. 

That was only my first shop so will try on some more to see if it's The One! 

Another question I have is that the colour is ivory over sable - my colour scheme is blue/purples (royal rather than pastel) do you think this colour would go? my gut is saying no! they do ivory over ivory but i'm not sure if i'd lose the effect of the lace. I'm going to ask if they have some swatches of the materials anyway, hopefully they will!