Planning

Sunday Weddings

1 to 15 of 15 posts

Bridezilla

Brides who got married on a Sunday or weekday, I was wondering if you regretted the choice of day? 

We’ve booked our wedding for a Sunday and we’ve started to have niggling doubts that we've chosen the wrong day.

did you find people still accepted for a weekday or Sunday wedding? Especially the evening guests and did it affect the evening party? 

I‘m concerned people will leave early as it’s monday the next day and so the evening might not be as much of a party as we are hoping.

There is nothing we can really do about it now as we’ve sent save the dates and got our invites printed so I guess I’m just looking for reassurance that it won’t make too much difference!! 

Bridezilla

I got married on a weekday and I don't regret our decision to choose a Thursday. It was an important date for us. We couldn't afford to have a weekend wedding anyway.

Only a handful of people couldn't make it due to the date. The day was fine for most since we gave them around six months notice so that was more than enough time for people to organise a day off, if possible.

The vast majority of guests stayed until the end of the wedding which was around 10pm, which was the time we were estimating it would end anyway. Atmosphere wise, it was just like any other wedding or party I had been to at a weekend, despite it being a weekday. People still got drunk, danced and had fun.

Wedding addict

We’ve booked our wedding for a Tuesday, getting married on a Saturday was extortionate prices at our chosen venue so for us this works. In fact our venue is so popular our date was the only day they had free In the month of July! We booked in August for 2019 and we did not want to wait another year! i Personally wouldn’t be offended if people wouldn’t come because of that as long as the people most important to us are there.

Weve been to 2 weddings on a Sunday and a few weekday ones too  it doesnt really affect me as I work shifts so quite often have days off in the week but most people I know booked the Monday off and had an extra long weekend to celebrate so I would not worry too much if people want to celebrate your day they’ll be there x

Bridezilla

We're getting married on a Sunday after half term. To be honest we've had no complaints about the day. Guests understand that it was a financial decision. I did want a Saturday in peak season but couldn't justify the extra money for it. My eldest has an inset day the Monday after the wedding and my youngest will hopefully have the same, if not I'll talk to her teacher. Everyone else has booked the time off work on the Monday. 

Wedding addict

I was worried about this! Our wedding will be on a Thursday and because of this the venue is technically free, just paying for food and drink, at weekend it was at least an extra 1k which I know is still cheap but we just couldn't justify it. Was a little worried about people not having as much fun etc as you said because of it but figured people can just have a nice extra long weekend haha! X

Bridezilla

I paid an extra £500 to have a Saturday wedding instead of a week day wedding, which isn't that much compared to what some venues charge, so we decided to do that. Had it been anymore than £500, I would have seriously considered if it was worth it to have it on a Saturday. But, because of the jobs myself and partner have, and the fact that some family will be travelling long distances, it does make more sense for a weekend wedding for us. 

I do think though, in this day and age the typical 9-5 working schedule doesn't exist for most people. So even if you did book a Saturday wedding, I'm sure not everyone would be able to make it for one reason or another. If people do need to leave the party early ready for work on Monday, which I'm sure there will be, try not to let it effect your night. 

Bridezilla

Hello you!

Not sure if you know, but we had a Sunday wedding. I was worried about this too but it didn’t affect anything at all! We did have a few guests leave early as they had work the next day, but I’d say we had a good 30 people left at the end, a mixture of people who were off the next day regardless, booked it off and some people who were in work the following morning (if you’re home by 1am and need to be up at say, 8am, you can still get 5/6 hours in bed which isn’t awful really!).

I really don’t think the day of the week affects a wedding reception that much. Adam has DJed at plenty of Friday and Saturday weddings where a handful of people are left at the end. People will stay as long as they want to with weddings regardless of the day of the week! Try not to worry about it 😊 You’ll have an amazing day, trust me! x

Bridezilla

I would just make sure u have given people who haha to travel plenty of notice, i live in the North and my auauntin who lives down south is talking about  getting  married in September on a Friday which most of us will not be able to make as we want get it off due to no holidays left in work or not available  where if she had it next year we could make, its up to you when you have your wedding but the more notice you give the more likely people can come. 

Wedding addict

I don't think it matters as Much these days, I've been to plenty of weddings on a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. As long as people have notice and can make arrangements/holidays I think it's totally fine! X

Bridezilla

lubes wrote (see post):

Hello you!

Not sure if you know, but we had a Sunday wedding. I was worried about this too but it didn’t affect anything at all! We did have a few guests leave early as they had work the next day, but I’d say we had a good 30 people left at the end, a mixture of people who were off the next day regardless, booked it off and some people who were in work the following morning (if you’re home by 1am and need to be up at say, 8am, you can still get 5/6 hours in bed which isn’t awful really!).

I really don’t think the day of the week affects a wedding reception that much. Adam has DJed at plenty of Friday and Saturday weddings where a handful of people are left at the end. People will stay as long as they want to with weddings regardless of the day of the week! Try not to worry about it 😊 You’ll have an amazing day, trust me! x

Hi Lou lovely to hear from you

I forgot your wedding was on a Sunday!  I hope it all pans out the way I want it to! I'm sure it will do.

Thanks for the reassurance lovely!! x

Bridezilla

We got married on Bonfire night last year and that was a sunday- we were so impressed with our guests- most came up for the weekend and pretty much everyone took the next day off work- or even the morning so they could really enjoy it. it was nice for me having a full weekend before the wedding and not rushing so much!