Planning

Ladies that have posted dress pics

1 to 14 of 14 posts

Bridezilla

I thought i'd share what I just discovered.

I googled my wedding dress and was surprised to see a pic of myself in the image results! Clicked on it and it linked to this forum as I posted a pic in my planning thread and the "show us your wedding dress" thread.

So ladies if you have a pic up and it says the designer and name of the dress its likely it will appear in google image search results. 

Its probably quite obvious that this would happen as it is a public forum but i never considered it if that makes sense.

So I thought I'd share in case anyone else hadn't thought about it xx

Wedding addict

Yes, please be careful everyone! Once you upload a photo to the internet, it is no longer your property and can be taken and used by anyone! So maybe think before you post any photos of you, especially if it gives clues to your name/where you live 

Bridezilla

People don't realise how popular this site is. Not many people post but there are tons of reader and also if you search wedding related stuff on google quite often the forum post will appear in the results.

Someone posted Boudoir pictures on here recently. Very risky on a public domain as someone could screen shot and use the pics elsewhere (or use any pics we upload). Seems rare but it does happen. There are plently of weirdos out there sadly x

Wedding addict

Gemma321 wrote (see post):

Someone posted Boudoir pictures on here recently. Very risky on a public domain as someone could screen shot and use the pics elsewhere (or use any pics we upload). Seems rare but it does happen. There are plently of weirdos out there sadly x

I thought exactly the same thing Gemma. Was very concerned!

Bridezilla

This is partly why I deleted my planning thread...

Bridezilla

Hails i think i'm going to do the same :/

Bridezilla

Its why I didnt do a planning thread, or report! 

Wedding addict

How do you delete them?

Bridezilla

You can edit your individual posts or ask moderator to remove the thread

Wedding addict

Thank you Gill!

Bridezilla

Thank you for this MrsNolan! I have now deleted my planning thread and report 

Bridezilla

I have noticed this previously- if I google my dress one of the first results is my picture, however my head isn't in it so I'm not bothered. If I google my venue and 'weddings' a wedding pic of us does come up in the results, but it's really far down, and I was happy for my tog to use our pics on the website and as that is the source of all that come up in the results again it doesn't bother me. But I can see why someone who is very private about their pics would be concerned and it's always something worth thinking about.

Bridezilla

With me it was purely the dress pics. I don't want h2b or anyone I know or that will be attending stumbling across my pic is all. Slim chances but chances nonetheless