Planning

How are you showing your personality?

21 to 33 of 33 posts

Wedding addict

Ohh im loving this thread!

We’re having music all day with performances as both of us have musicians in the family. 

Coffee cocktails for the afternoon we are both coffee lovers and are having coffee from places around the world we have been to as favours.

I’ll also be changing into a custom made jumpsuit as I’ve always been abit of a tomboy!

Our wedding party are also having a country vs country kind of dance off because we are both from so many different countries we thought it would be a fun way to represent and the guests can join in

New bride

Our table names are cities that mean something to us, along with photos of us in those places and a quote of why it's special to us.

Teabags in the favours (as I drink A LOT of tea).

I made our table confetti from hole punching photocopies of our books (as we're both book lovers).

Our music playlist throughout the day is very reflective of our music taste.

A sweetie table to reflect my sweet tooth!

I'm doing my own make up so that it's definitely reflective of 'me'.

One of our readings is from our joint favourite book.

Our cake topper reflects H2B's love of film noir, and his whole outfit is so 'him'.

New bride

We're having Star Wars wedding invites and I'm buying H2B a Star Wars buttonhole (he doesn't know this yet).

Although I want a piper to play before the ceremony, the rest of the music will be from some of our favourite musicians: Iron Maiden, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, etc.

The wedding will have lots of purple as that is my absolute favourite colour.

I'm also going to use lines from some of our favourite films as part of my vows.

Bridezilla

WWe had star wars lego figures on ouroute buttonholes for men plus star wars cufflinks :)

Wedding thread:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/my-november-wedding/435410.html

New bride

We're having hints of Halloween everywhere. Halloween themed confetti, napkins, paper plates and a couple of banners. I'll also be wearing a black, ivory and purple dress and my OH will be wearing a purple suit as it's both our fave colour.

We're also getting married in a place that has been used to film Dr Who episodes in many times as we're both huge fans. We've requested the DJ to play lots of rock music as well :D

Bridezilla

rammgeist wrote (see post):

We're having hints of Halloween everywhere. Halloween themed confetti, napkins, paper plates and a couple of banners. I'll also be wearing a black, ivory and purple dress and my OH will be wearing a purple suit as it's both our fave colour.

We're also getting married in a place that has been used to film Dr Who episodes in many times as we're both huge fans. We've requested the DJ to play lots of rock music as well :D

Aww that sounds fantastic! I'd have loved a horror/halloween themed wedding but my husband hates all things horror! He has no taste lol. He did let me make our bedroom horror themed though

Wedding addict

Beyond the normal stuff such as music (noone had heard the song we walked down the aisle to before but it had us and several of our guests in tears, and the rest of the music reflected us really well in general) my favourite personal touches were our ring box and cake topper (we covered our dog love and marvel love). Our Labrador is called Thor (soon to be joined by a younger brother, loki) so we had to have him as part of our day somehow. The cake topper could have been an actual image of us because everytime we hug our dog launches himself at us to make it a family hug! 

Other than that, the day in general was totally us. There was just us and 17 people (our closest family and very best friends), post ceremony drinks reception had garden games for everyone to play. We don't like a huge fuss and treasure those closest to us so wouldn't have wanted it any other way :)

My Big Fat Cypriot Wedding 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-big-fat-cypriot-wedding/438556.html

Bridezilla

Mine sound very boring compared to others but we are having heart shaped confetti cut out of books to reflect my love of reading.

My OH loves motorbikes so we are having a vintage motorbike parked outside and decorated with ribbons, tin cans and wedding signs.

Purple is my favourite colour so that is our wedding colour 

I'm also a big Friends and Sex and the City song - ideally I would like our tables named after Friends episodes but my OH has vetoed that.  Our last songs to be played will be the Friends theme tune and 'You've got the love' which is the last song played in the last episode of SATC.

Bridezilla

We are having 50 guests with only our closet family and friends.

Iam German/English and he is Scottish. So we are including traditions from both cultures. We are having a polterabend the night before and are sawing a lot together after the ceremony. And we are having kilts, a bagpiper and a handfastening.

One of our favourite past timed is visiting castle's and estates from the national trust and English heritage. I am an architect and he's a hobby historian. So we are having the wedding in a castle.

We love antique things so our decor is made up of a lot of old items I found in charity shops and antiquitarians. And our photobooth will allow guests to dress up 1930s style.

We also love nature and walking in the woods so our flowers reflect this.

We travel a lot but I didn't want to go fully travel themed. Nonetheless their are hints in the decor. For instance our table names are counties  we visited and this is also reflected in the vintage travel books that are part of the centrepiece.

I have always had my head in the clouds and loved fairy tales. So there is an undercurrent of that in everything. We are having a mirror as our welcome sign and a moss covered gold frame covered in keys for our table plan. 

We are having a humanist wedding and have written the entire ceremony ourselves.

In the evening we are having a cocktail bar with personalised cockta8ls. And because one of our favourite drinks is slow gin we are having miniature bottles as our favours.

Bridezilla

Where are you getting married??? I would love to have doctor who as a part of our day but fiance HATES it 

Bridezilla

We have tried to get quite a lot of elements of “us” into the day.

Invites- we both love quirky things, and cooking, so had wedding tea towel invites.  We also asked for “unique RSVPs” which have been a massive success (see my thread!)

Venue- Very local (important to us as we like to do everything local), old but with modern facilities (very much our style generally)

Décor- my fiancé is a massive science geek, so we have science themed centre pieces, and then I really like the look of balloons, so we have those on half of them.  Table names are our favourite restaurants.

Food- we are using eggs from our friend’s quails in the canapés, the starters are Italian (I am part Italian) main is Brazilian (my surname is currently Brazilian/Portugese), and the pork is coming from the farm we got engaged at. The dessert is English (partner is English)  In the evening we have cupcakes made using our own eggs, and flour from the family that own our venue, a cheese and pie cake- we are both massive fans of cheese and pie.  Then we have had a cake sculpture made of chocolate and filled with handmade truffles using our favourite flavours.  Evening food will also be either crepes (I used to live in France) or fish/sausage in batter and chips which we both really like.  Oh and we are also looking at edible balloons being done as well as we love our Michelin star restaurants

Drink- I love prosecco, so there will be a pimp my prosecco bar.  My fiancé is a big beer person, so we are having a craft beer bar, with loads of different types of beers

Favours- Our favours are gin and vodka, by an artisan producer who happens to be my Aunt!

Cars- I grew up in London, and until we moved to Essex last year, have always lived there.  So we have  booked black Hackney cabs for the bridal party

Entertainment- On our first ever trip away together, we went to York for a weekend.  When we were there we met a guy called Pedally Steve, who cuts names using a manual fretsaw powered by his bike.  It is the only one in the UK, possibly the world.  Anyway, we have managed to get him to come down and cut names for guests.  And we also have a caravan photobooth with a waltzer carriage in it, because we wanted something totally different that no one would ever have seen

Generally we are very into our “shop local” so have sourced as much as possible from local producers.

Wedding addict

Ooooo I love this! Such cute things on here. 

I hope we will be showing our personality or I will feel I've failed. The whole thing is being held in a hotel / pub which is half way between us (we live 2 hours apart) and we sometimes meet up there mid week so it's a really special place to us - that's the entire reason we are having it there, it's not a classic wedding venue but it means something to us. 

The save the dates - we walked the streets of the town till we find an attractive '17' somewhere - the wedding is on the 17th August (2019). We found a lovely glass window of house no. 17 Castle Street and so took a photo and it's been worked into the cards and sort of forms the whole basis of our theme! No-one else gets it but that is fine! 

We will have empty gin and rum bottles all filled with flowers scattered everywhere - my drink, his drink and may be some mutual drinks - empties from the past 2 years. I hasten to add I am only buying funky bottles, it is my excuse to drink more weird and wacky gins. Win win. 

Our dog (was mine - now ours) will be there and me and my crochet / knitting friends are knitting flowers which will be sewn all over her harness and lead to wear on the day (she is a large white German Shepherd so it will be quite big and should look - well brilliant hopefully). 

My friend is making the cake. My mother is doing the flowers. 

We have a live band who we found when slightly the worse for wear quite randomly one night out on the town and are a bit mental but we had a great night out with them and booked them the next day. 

I designed a cool timeline based on the leaf theme from the number 17 for the invites. 

Ummmm - that's all I can think of for now. Well and I am having black flowers - but only in small amounts, because I am sucker for anything black that shouldn't be black. 

I hope there will be loads more things to come! 

xxx

New bride

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Where are you getting married??? I would love to have doctor who as a part of our day but fiance HATES it 

The Temple of Peace in Cardiff :) We also got engaged at Torchwood Tower in Cardiff Bay.