Honeymoons

Honeymoon Gift Lists

1 to 13 of 13 posts

Bridezilla

I am sure this has been asked before but has anyone used a honeymoon gift list company?

I'm currently looking at www.buy-our-honeymoon.com and www.zankyou.com 

Just wondering if any of you ladies have any recommendations on who are good to use.

Thanks x

Bridezilla

Hi, I'm looking into these websites as well. but wanted some feedback. would really appreciate any help. x 

Wedding addict

We've established one with Trailfinders. 

Faultless service from them so far and don't have to book a holiday, they'll do you a giftcard to use how you like.

New bride

We used Buy our Honeymoon and I cannot recommend it enough! Easy to set up and customise and we had really good feedback from our guests- they loved it!

You can add household items too as you can make up the list of experiences/ accommodation/ meals etc yourself. The customer service was really good and they replied quickly to questions. Also the thing I liked most about this site vs the others was the option to set up Stripe payments so your guests can pay by credit / debit card. We felt it made it feel more like guests were buying an item rather than just dropping money into our account, even though eventually that's what happens of course they can still pop a cheque in a card and just 'reserve' a gift if they prefer. 

Let me know if you have any questions  

x

New bride

Ooh and we booked the honeymoon with Trailfinders and they were great!

Bridezilla

Littlehanful, With the stripe payments do you or your guests pay a fee? Did you get the full amount your guest gave you?

I am leaning more towards the buy our honeymoon one i think x

New bride

We paid the fee (2.5% I think) but for us it was worth it as we felt so awkward about asking for money in the first place so it just felt a bit nicer. There are other payment options such as PayPal which I think was free or at least cheaper but then it's just a transfer from their account to yours.

We did speak to a couple of close friends/ family who had expressed interest in the list and advised them to pay by cheque and just reserve the item online which they did but I suppose it depends how well you know people and what your preference is.

I guess the best thing is that buy our honeymoon provides all these options so you can pick one that works best for you ????

good luck! X

New bride

According to me:

"Top 10 tips for making the most of your gift list:

1. Make your gift list as unique as possible for your guests, and yourselves.
  2. Create some gifts that are personal to you both (though we would not be able to book these).
  3. The cash contribution option is always there for your guests if they would like to contribute to the overall cost of the honeymoon and not a gift.
  4. Add a lovely welcome message telling your guests where you are going, when the wedding is or any other information that you would like to add.
  5. Add at least one image of you and your fiancé for your guests to see. If possible add as many photos of you both, as well as photos with friends and family as you can.
  6. Add a selection of amazing experiences for your guests to buy.
  7. Send e-postcards from your honeymoon with pictures to make everyone jealous!
  8. Upload all of your photos of the wedding and honeymoon when you get back.
  9. Print off all the contributions and the details of who sent them and use it to write thank you cards to all of your guests.
  10. Let us know if you would like to book any of the gifts or if you would like the total amount refunded back to you, enjoy the wedding day and have a relaxing honeymoon of a lifetime!"

Am I right?

Wedding addict

I work for kuoni and we offer a great honeymoon gift list,  or you can get a John Lewis gift list and put a kuoni honeymoon on it, that's what I'm doing for my wedding x

Bridezilla

Kuoni are doing our honeymoon and have been incredible!

You are just the price I paid, Destiny is calling me!

Wedding addict

I'm also a bit worried about the charges

Stripe charge a fee of 1.9% + 20p for UK-issued cards, or 2.9% + 20p for international cards on each transaction, deducted from the amount you receive.

Accepting credit card payments through PayPal can be convenient for both you and your guests, but please be aware that PayPal always charge a fee (typically 3.4% + £0.20) per transaction, deducted from the funds you receive. 

GoCardless charge a fee of 1% of each transaction, deducted from the amount you receive.

So if the guest pays £10 via go cardless we will get £9.90?

New bride

Honeymoon Dreams also do a gift list service, which is really easy to set up and share with your wedding guests. You can find them at www.honeymoondreams.co.uk 

Bridezilla

We've done our with Prezola, and so far so good!