Honeymoons

4-5 week honeymoon ideas

1 to 12 of 12 posts

New bride

Hi Everyone.

We are getting married mid July 2016 and would like to go on honeymoon for 4 or 5 weeks.

We know we are very lucky! However, its hard to choose where to go as we have been to quite a few places already, including Thailand, Indonesia & Bali, Malaysia, Dubai, South Africa and Sri Lanka.

We ideally would like somewhere that we can travel around but not cost the earth...not easy we know. We have ruled out Maldives etc as we can't sit still but a must is sun and the beach. Any ideas would be welcome.

So far we are considering west coast USA or Aus/NZ.

Thank you xxx

Bridezilla

I am doing west coast USA in July 2017. I have a thread in the honeymoon section with my itinerary on it which is currently 20 days but could very easily be extended by adding time at other places. Such as longer at the Grand Canyon, and visiting Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, San Diego and having longer in Hawaii. 

Bridezilla

I did a 3 week tour of NZ last year and loved it! You could nip over to Fiji for some beach time too?

"I am learning to trust the journey, even when I do not understand it"

Follow my TTC journey on Instagram @the_truth_about_ttc

Blog is https://oneletterdifferentblog.wordpress.com/

Wedding addict

What about India? That can be quite cheap to travel around, and would give you enough time to visit a lot of the important places.

New bride

Remember that Australia and New Zealand will be having their colder weather at that time of year, but as suggested if you wanted beach time you could out to Fiji.  I would probably look at Central America if your looking for somewhere a bit different and also a bit cheaper. x

New bride

Have you thought about Vietnam, Cambodia or the Philipines? All can be done as cheaply or as expensive as you want. All have stunningly beautiful beaches and enough other things to do when beaches get too boring. Plus flights between all three are very cheap if you book in advance (look at Jetstar, Tiger and Scoot airlines for cheap flights). You could finish up with a few nights of luxury in Singapore too!

Wedding addict

Me and my Fiancé also cant sit still and cant thing of anything worse than sitting on a beach all dayM

What about maybe Orlando, Tampa, Miami and maybe 2 weeks in Mexico as this is only 1 1/2 hour flight from Miami!

Wedding addict

Go for New Zealand as it's just stunning. You can combine it with Fiji or Bora Bora or Tahiti.

:) 

Bridezilla

Sunszajn wrote (see post):

Go for New Zealand as it's just stunning. You can combine it with Fiji or Bora Bora or Tahiti.

:) 

New Zealand will be cold then, you can still see the stunning scenery in the south island, but I would recommend going there in their summer when the top of the north island is really warm and beautiful.

New bride

We have booked our flights so its Las Vegas, San fran, Napa, Yosemite, Coast down to LA, Hawaii and Miami... 5 weeks away!

Bridezilla

Aww yay you took my suggestion! Please do let us know how you get on and any tips for the trip! We are still in the early stages of planning but hoping to book it at the year to go mark!